Chapter 1 - Classroom 1-4

You glanced down at your phone to check the time. 8:00 flashed before your eyes. School only started at 8:30, so you weren't worried. You nervously fidgeted with the strap of your new school bag containing all of your new textbooks. Around you, students in the same uniform as you were starting to appear, and a chorus of "Good morning" and "Hello" rung in your ears. You were slightly worried at fitting in, coming from a different country and transferring in the middle of the year.

No, you thought to yourself while clenching your hands in a fist, I will be fine. 

Holding on to that thought, you confidently marched into the school.

~ ~ ~

After finding the classroom and introducing yourself, you finally let yourself relax into your new seat by the window. You gazed at the clear blue skies and wondered how life in (country) was doing. Shifting your attention back to the lesson, you scribbled down notes until you caught your seat neighbor staring at you. He seemed to be very tall; his upper body towering over the students seated next to him. He had short blond hair and sported thick framed glasses. You locked eyes with him. The staring continued for a while until the male's expressionless face shifted into a snickering one. Then he returned to scribbling notes. That snicker just sent your blood boiling.

What the hell!? you thought while angrily taking notes, is he freaking mocking me or something!? I didn't even talk to you, much less done something to you.

The rest of the lesson continued with you furiously writing to vent out your anger, and the blond boy quietly snickering to himself once he noted your reaction.

~ ~ ~

The bell for lunch rang at the same time as when your stomach growled. A few students surrounded you, asking questions to get to know you better. One student asked you what your hobbies were.

"I love (hobby)! It makes me really happy! Oh I also play volleyball!"

Once the word "volleyball" was released from your mouth, a loud laughter was heard.

"You play volleyball?" the infuriating blond boy (whose name was, you learned, Tsukishima Kei) said, "You're too short, no, you midget?"

"What was that String Bean? Are you mocking my height?"

"So what if I am?"

"I bet I can beat your ass at volleyball."

"What can a little midget like you do? I bet you can't even touch the top of the net!"

You and Tsukishima fiercely glared at each other. The other students were slowly backing away, but neither of you noticed.

"I challenge you to a game," you declared while pointing at Tsukishima.

He smirked, "Oh, I see that you really feel like losing!"

"I will prove you so wrong, Tsukishima Kei, you will regret all the words that left your dirty mouth."

"We'll see about that."