"Draco Malfoy."

She looked at me for a moment, blinked twice, and cleared her throat.

"Skye... You know what he is, right?"

"Yes, he told me he didn't want it, though, and I heard him muttering to himself about how awful it is" I replied, averting my eyes.

Hermione put a hand on my shoulder but I shoved it off. "Skye--"

"No Hermione. I know you agree with Harry, but I trust Draco. I believe he really is good at heart, he's just had a hard life" I said, standing up.

"Skylar Smith sit down" Hermione said with such force and aggression, making me sit immediately.

"I don't agree with Harry on everything, you know. I do think Malfoy is a Death Eater, but if you really believe that he doesn't want it, I'll trust you."

I looked at her in awe. Never in a million years did I expect Hermione Granger to believe in Draco Malfoy.

"We should get down to the Quidditch Pitch... Watch try outs?" Hermione suggested and I followed her out of the library.

When we reached the Pitch, I noticed McLaggen trying to butt-kiss Harry into just giving him the position. What a prick.

Tryouts passed slowly, with many people from Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw showing up. "If there's anyone else here who isn't in Gryffindor, please leave! Now!" The small group of Ravenclaws joined the disappointed Hufflepuffs and left the field.

Harry had finally chosen his Chasers; Demelza Robins, Ginny Weasley, and returning player Katie Bell. The new Beaters for the team were Jimmy Peakes and Richie Cootie. They were both excellent players, but would never take the place of Fred and George.

The only position left was Keeper. Many of the people trying out only saved one or two goals. Unfortunately, McLaggen saved four of five shots. He would have saved all five, but I heard Hermione mutter a Confundus Charm and I smiled. Ron flew up to the goals next and saved all five shots.

After tryouts, the Trio headed to Hagrid's hut, but I decided to head back inside.

On my way in, I encountered Professor Slughorn. "Miss Smith! Just the person I was hoping to see! How would you like to join me and some of your fellow classmates for dinner tonight? I noticed last year you were flunking potions for the majority I the year, yet you received an 'O' on your OWLs. Very impressive. So, I'll see you for dinner?" I just stood there awkwardly and nodded my head. "Excellent, excellent" Slughorn muttered, walking away.

I laughed to myself; he was such a nice teacher yet so strange.

******

At half past eight that night, I showed up at Slughorn's office for his stupid dinner. Hermione was there, too, thankfully, but Harry had detention with Snape.

The hours slowly ticked away and I felt myself falling asleep. Slughorn sure throws great parties.

Please. Note my sarcasm.

"Well, it seems as though this dinner should come to a close. Miss Smith, are you awake?" I heard Professor Slughorn say and I grunted in reply. I heard a few people laugh and my face instantly flushed a deep shade of pink.

"Yes Professor. I'm awake for the moment" I said, trying not to sound too rude.

"Miss Smith, why don't you have Miss Granger escort you back to your common room."

Hermione got up from her chair and walked out of Slughorn's office with me.

"Thank you so much, Skye, that was a dreadful dinner" Hermione gushed once she felt we were far enough away from his office to be heard.

I laughed as we entered the Portrait Hole. "Slughorn may be nice, but that was one bloody awful dinner."

******

"SKYLAR SMITH WAKE UP RIGHT NOW WE'RE GOING TO HOGSMEADE!" Hermione yelled, jumping on my bed.

"But Mione! It's so early!" I grumbled. If you remember, I'm not a morning person.

"It's 9:30. Get up." Hermione said and whacked me with a pillow. I shot straight up and threw my pants at her.

"Happy?!" I yelled as I proceeded to get dressed.

"Yep!" She stood there with a smug look on her face and I stuck my tongue out at her. Yes yes I know, I'm so childish. We linked arms and headed out the door.

The walk to Hogsmeade was quite awkward, although I kept trying not to make it so.

"Ron, I'm fine. Really. Please, I just want everyone to get along!" I said honestly. Ever since I realized I loved Draco, I stopped feeling weird around Ron, even though he still seemed to feel weird around me. He just nodded his head in response as I rolled my eyes.

It was a cold walk to Hogsmeade and I started to regret waking up. Zonkos was packed and I found it extremely difficult to move. Eventually, I decided I'd rather be in the cold than be surrounded by smelly people, so I said goodbye to the Trio and moved into the cold.

About an hour later, Harry had rounded the corner and bellowed, "Someone's been cursed! Katie Bell!" I realized he was yelling at Hagrid, who was right behind me.

"Harry! What happened?!" I shouted over the wind.

"We don't know, We just saw her hovering above the ground and she was screaming. She came out if the bathroom holding a necklace - a cursed necklace" Harry said and turned away.

Who would curse sweet Katie Bell?

-----

Pleeeeeaaaase comment, vote, and share! I really want more reads and votes so if you like this story please share it with some friends or anyone you think might like it? Not trying to sound desperate but I've posted 16 chapters now and the reads and votes are still pretty minimal... If you like please

Share

Vote

Comment

Follow me :)x

Thank you for reading! I love you mwah x(: