The Oxymoronic Two

The thing about love is that it makes you do some pretty messed up things.

~ One Summer's Evening Not On The Fourth of July ~ 

"What the actual FUCK did you do that for!?" Shilo yelled. The person scrambled around in front of the car, recovering from the 'little bump', as Jag insisted calling it. Shilo jumped out of the car. The figure stumbled to his feet, disorientated and slightly bloodied. 

"WELL HE'S F-...H-hey..Arnold..." said Jag half-heartedly waving to the man hoisting himself up at the bonnet. He scratched the back of his neck, as he always did when he was trying to play it cool.  Shilo was having none of it; Jag just tried to run over her ex.

"You're insane, you asshole! I can't BELIEVE we even considered getting married!" Shilo was rubbing Arnold's back as he threw up on the side of the road. That hurt Jag in a place he had always assumed was mildly dead. His heart swelled and began to pang. They were engaged, but they were young and pretty stupid. In fact, young and stupid are together individual words from Jag and Shilo's dating profiles. 

-

"I'm a yng spiriT ;) and wildddddd." - Shilo Peterson

-

"$$$ Lookin for good vibes, someone to chill. Lil stupid but thats part of my charm baby $$$ - Jag Kich

-

Shilo wanted to leave everything and elope somewhere in the countryside - a place real traditional. With humble folk and a perpetual sense of spring in the air, a place her and Jag could settle down and live out their lives. Jag, however, wanted to be a rockstar. He was a bit of a crackhead really, so it made sense that would be his only prospect for a career. He didn't care about the fame. At least that's what he said to his parents and friends. Jag loved the adrenaline that comes from a stage performance - when the crowd blurs into an undulating broth of cheer and animal noises. It was like a drug after all. 

Shilo was just so controlling. She just wouldn't let me live my life.

"Babe is it okay if I go for a drink down at Barnassus for an hour?" 

"Not tonight, babe" replied Shilo. 

"'Kay."

See what I mean?

To be honest, they knew shit all about what they were going to do with their lives. But like dim and naive children, their own little fairytales suspended their imaginations a little longer. Their infatuation with the concept of love resulted unmistakably in a failure to grasp the feeling at all. The two began to despise each other more and more, but simply could not sever the umbilical cord of love that was attached on their first ever, shitty date. This mutual oxymoron of adoring disgust was no doubt most noticeable during one particular evening, on the fourth of July...

The evening they became partners in crime.

-

"Looking for adventure!!!!xx" - Shilo Peterson

-

"Ladie killa..." - Jag Kich

-