Chapter 2

Tarja smiled as she breathed in cold finnish air. "Finally! I'm going to have some rest. God, I missed this place."  Marcelo smiled as they walked into her house. "You'll get a good rest here darling. Unless that Tuomas of yours isn't visiting his parents. Maybe you'll see each other then and do some interesting things." "What does that even mean? Tuomas of MINE? Marcelo, I hope you're aware of the fact that he fired me from band like 10 years ago and we haven't talked since." "Yes honey I know, it was just a joke." Marcelo apologized. "Oh a joke? And what, I was supposed to laugh? Well don't joke like that anymore. I have lost a best friend, and a place in a band, partly because of you, and you still dare to make JOKES about it? Do you even realize how much it hurts me?" Tarja shouted. "How can you blame me for what they've done?" Marcelo asked angrily. "We fell in love with each other, and Tuomas's jealousy fucked everything up!" "Oh, Tuomas's jealousy right? But not you, bossing them all around huh? You know sometimes I wish I had never known you!" Tarja yelled. Marcelo understood that he made terrible mistake. "Sorry honey." He tried to hug her but she jerked out of his arms. "Leave me alone, please. I need to calm down." "As you wish." Her husband turned away and went to bathroom. The singer remained in living room, walking from corner to corner. There were tears of anger in her eyes. She felt hurt by that stupid "joke". Tarja decided that she needed to go for a walk. "Marcelo, I'm going out!" she called and walked outside without waiting for an answer.

   Walking calmed her down a little. The singer was walking fast, without looking up and thinking of Marcelo's words. What if Tuomas was really here? Maybe she could see him? What if they could be friends again? But she soon shrugged these thoughts off. "He doesn't care" she thought. "We're better off without each other." Tarja was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't notice tall dark-haired man, until she bumped into him. "Oh i'm so sor-" the man turned around. Tarja gasped. Tuomas stared at her, his heart skipping a beat. There was long awkward silence, during which both of them just stared at each other. Then Tarja finally managed to speak. "Wha- What are you doing here?" "Taking break from touring life." Tuomas said hoarsely. "What about you?" "Yeah same." Tarja smiled. Tuomas felt himself blush. God, she was so beautiful! "I saw your performance of Ever Dream" "Really?" It was singer's turn to blush. "Oh fuck...I wonder what did he think about it...\" "Yup, and I must say it was your best performance so far. So, are you staying for a long time?" "Well, Marcelo and I thought that we'd stay for a couple of weeks, but we don't know for sure yet." Marcelo! Tuomas felt blood boil up in his veins. "Well okay, I've gotta run now, have fun with your husband" he said in a bitchy tone, putting emphasis on the last two words. "What's wrong?" Tarja asked. "Nothing." Tuomas said, his mood getting even worse. "Bye." For a moment he looked like he wanted to hug her, but then he just shrugged and walked away. Tarja stood there, watching him walk away. After he disappeared around the corner, she turned away and went home.

  When she returned, she found Marcelo in the kitchen, trying to make something to eat. She felt disappointed and somehow sad because of Tuomas's cold tone but sight of Marcelo making her food made her feel better. "Not so angry anymore, are we?" Marcelo smiled as he felt her hands circle around his waist. "No, but you should apologize." "I'm really sorry honey, I didn't expect you to be hurt so badly by it." Her husband hugged her. "Coffee? Tea?" "Nothing, thanks" Tarja yawned. "I'm very tired, I'll go to bed. Goodnight" "Goodnight dear." They kissed and singer went to bed. She decided not to tell her husband about Tuomas, she knew it would make him even more angry.

  Tuomas glanced at the clock. 3 AM. He couldn't sleep. Every time he closed his eyes her face would smile down on him from the darkness. After 10 years he felt the same. His feelings didn't fade, not a little bit. She was torturing him again and God, this torture felt so sweet. The keyboardist reached out, took cigarettes and the lighter from his nightstand and went outside to smoke. The night was truly beautiful, moonlight turned everything silver and there was not a single sound. "Whatever walks in my heart, will walk alone" he muttered, a sob escaping him. He tried to fight back the tears but he couldn't. They were streaming down his face, burning his cheeks. He remained like that for another half an hour, chainsmoking and crying. After that he felt better. Tuomas went inside, lied down and finally fell asleep.

A/N: Happy New Year guys! Hope you like the story so far, tell me what you think about it ^_^