Prolouge

The rainforest was dark, but not too dark. The bright green leaves of different trees had a way of hiding the stars, but nothing could hide the moons sparkling overhead. And that, was one thing that Starsearcher didn't like about living here.

Sure, they were treated well and given good food, but she couldn't care less about that. Her name was Starsearcher. And how do you search for stars without being able to see them? It's not like she could just fly up there.

Back when they lived in the volcano, she would be useful. She could hunt and fight well, but she could do something even more important. Something so important, that the now deceased queen Battlewinner had noticed her.

She could read the stars.

When other dragons were creating battle weapons, or testing RainWing poisons, Starsearcher was looking at the stars all night. She didn't mind, it's not like they were boring. Starsearcher would have conversations, arguments, and agreements with the stars, causing other dragons to think she was crazy. She was not crazy! She just wasn't like them.

Queen Battlewinner referred to it as 'special'. 'That's what I am, special.' She would think to herself, and even at times like these, the thought would comfort her.

Starsearcher's thoughts were interrupted when she walked into a forest clearing, this clearing was different, because there were no leaves to shield the luminous rays of the stars overhead.

Starsearcher's eyes widened in surprise. 'Stars!' She thought to herself, excitement bubbling up in her stomach just like when she was a dragonet, seeing prey for the first time. She looked up at the stars, but for some reason, they were horrifically blank. They were never blank. No matter what they were feeling, stars always had a message to represent how they were feeling, never had they been completely blank.

'What does this mean?' She thought to herself, panic rising up in her chest as fast as a viper sliding its way through the undergrowth.

'Have the stars stopped thinking of me as an acquaintance?' Right when that thought slipped into her head, the stars blinked.

They didn't blink blink, they just faded for a second then reappeared, brighter then before. Instantly, the sky lit up with messeges. 'There you are!' 'We haven't seen you for quite some time,' 'what happened to your wings?' She flinched at that one. The last star seemed to be quiet, only emitting a '...' In the sky.

'You need to tell her already,' 'you can't keep quiet,' 'you knew this would come eventually.'  The stars all reminded the quiet one, forgetting about Starsearcher for a second. Suddenly, the "...'s" coming from the quiet one were replaced with a message.

' follow the moon that shines brighter than most,
Beware the spirit who searches for a host.
You will find out that in times of need,
A caring heart is better than carrying greed.'

And with that, all the star's messages changed to 'farewell.' before the sun peeked out from the sea, and they vanished, making room for the bright morning.

(And with that, my friend, begins a new story.
I don't own Wings of Fire, all rights go to Tui T. Sutherland, an amazing, inspiring, genius.
I do own the plot, characters and um... Enjoy!
<3
-platonically-
~Shiro