My Life As I Know It (a Harry Potter fan fiction)

I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARATERS EXCEPT FOR MY OWN. ALL RIGHTS AND COPYRIGHTS ARE RESERVED TO J.K.ROWLING.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Miss Potter,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all the necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. We await you owl no later that July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Head Misstress

I ripped up the letter and tossed in the Hudson river. a strange man walked up to me dressed in long robes despite the muggy New York summer weather.

"Why did you do that Miss Potter?" He smiled kindly at me and I took a stepp back.

"How do you know my name?" The man's smile become broader as I stepped up closer to him, out of curiosity. He had a long white beard and long white hair. He had a crooked nose, and and half moon glasses. The bags under his bright blue eyes showed that he usually got a lack of sleep throughout his long years and they showed his age. He had rosy cheeks and his hands were behind his back.

"Come I'll show you your new home. I've already sent over your things," He said, holding out his arm. I tentatively took his arm and we disappeared on the spot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awoke, not much to my dislike, to that dream again. It wasn't even a dream, it was my reality, how I learned the exsistance of wizardry. Dumbledore never told me much about his family, just that I would meet one of them in time. But when would that happen? And why was he so mysterious about it?

I crawled out of bed and put on my robe. It was six in the morning and chilly for the summer time. But then again, this was London, and It was like this most of the time in the morning. I guess I'm just not used to living in a home with a room of my own, not in one of New York's bleak Catholic Orphanages. I was just turning eleven when Dumbldore saved me from the thoughts of hoping somebody would adopt the out of place red-headed little girl with gorgeous hazel eyes.

"Dahlia? Sweetie, are you up?" The door was cracked open and a kind heart shaped face with soft chocolate eyes and a sweet smile. I smiled back at her and she came in the room.

"Hey Emmaline," I said, taking the warm cup of tea she was handing me, in my hands. The steam reched my face and was I breathed in the scent- green tea, was my favorite.

"Are ready for today?" She crossed her arms, hugging her jacket closer to her chest.

Today was my second year at Hogwarts, and I'd be leaving in just a few hours. Emmaline would be taking me to diagon ally in a thirty minutes. I was nervous, just like any other kid and to my suprise, I felt that this year would be an intresting year.

"I'd like to think that I am," I said with a chukle. "I'll get ready right now, and then we can leaeve, okay?"

Emmaline nodded and shut the door behind her. I got dressed wearing a halter top pleated white dress. I wanted to save all my jeans and shirts and stuff for when I got Hgwarts, so I wore dresses and skirts all this summer, much to my dislike. Then again, I didn't get along with most of the Muggle children here at Private Drive so I never made a big deal about it.

I lived in number 11, and me and Emmaline were to act as any regular Muggle family, saying that my "father" worked around the world which is why people never saw much of him. We were friendly to the other neighbors and often ate at their home. Although there was one home that we ate quite often at- house four.

It was an odd family; a large portly tomato-faced man, a thin woman with a horse-long face, and a pudgy blond kid who seem to follow his parents rule. There was a black haired boy with bright green eyes and was for the most underfed, and poorly taken care of. When we came, the Dursleys' didn't hide him like they use to, in fact, they had him serve the food to us. I once went on to rant at the family, but Emmaline thought it wasn't safe, for my magic my rise in the process, making me expose magic to Muggles.

I looked out the house. The car was back- a few nights ago, I heard them leave- I wondered if they had taken the boy with them, and figured they did or else I would've seen him tending to Petunia's garden. I watched them exit, but I didn't see Harry. They had relieved looks on their faces although Dudley's was a bit on the disappointed side. Petunia was talking, telling them something and Vernon's face fell when she mentioned something.

I figured I shouldn't ponder on much of it and grabbed my trunk. In a little backpack I had my bording ticket, my eleven inch herstring phoenix and dragon tooth wand, a few galleons, and my favorite book, To Kill A Mockingbird. I had picked up the book once when I was ten, just before Dumbledore was to collect me, and when I was trying to get interested in American books. Don't get me wrong, some of the books made there are actually really good, but when you're a kid, it's hard to find one that suits your benefit.

I lifted the trunk full of my textbooks, robes and regular clothes and a knitted blanket was about to walk out before I swiftly turned back around to grab my Hello Kitty off of my bed. I hugged it close to me before stuffing it in my backpack along with my little box of lose leaf green tea on my dresser. Perched on top of the staircase's railing was field goldenand white feathered owl. I smiled at her.

"What are you doing here," I cooed, tapping her beak. She shook her head, and blinked at me, nodding at a peice of parchment tied to her leg. I took it and my owl Lorilei flew down and into her cage.

Dahlia, why didn't you ever tell me? I was so confused but now I know. We need to talk, met me when we to school I'd like to talk to you. - H.P.

No... It couldn't be... but then again, the plate that flew out of the cabinet and then to just drop on the floor... That wasn't me.

I took the parchment and crammed it in my corduroy red jacket. I made it down the stairs, closed and looked the door of Lorilei cage. She made a noise that was somewhat similar to a pur as I picked her up and grab my toast with orange marmalade on it walked out the door and into car. Emmaline locked the door and followed me out, unlocking the car door for me.

"So you're only missing one book?" I took out my list and looked at it.

"Yes, I'm missing my potions book," I replied to her. She nodded and we drove for a little while before reaching our destination- The Leaky Caldron.

We got out of the car and immediately headed towards the back. I saw my Defense Aganist the Dark Arts teacher, professor Quarrell who looked a bit shaking up, so I decided not to go and say hello. When we open the back door, the door to Diagon Alley was already open, so we went through and headed straight to the bookstore.

I bumped into someone, and I turned to say sorry, but I wasn't able to. "Harry?"

He didn't respond for Hagrid, the groundskeeper at Hogwarts, pushed him along and out of the bookstore. I quickly grabbed the book I needed and impatiently stood in line. Paying for the book, I then rushed out, with Emmaline getting lost in the sea of people behind me. I looked in Olivander's and there Harry was, gripping a wand, as Olivander was explaining something to him. I stepped up closer to the window so I could hear.

"... The wand chooses the wizard, Mr. Potter. It's not always clear why, but I do know we can expect great things from you," Olivander nodded absentmindedly. "After all, he-who-must-not-be-named did great things... Terrible... yes... but great."

I backed away from the window and into Hagrid. "'Scuse me Dahlia, got 'Arry Potter 'n owl for 'is school year. A sorts of birthday present I s'ppose. Do you know 'im?"

"Only stories. I'll a... I'll see you at school, alright Hagrid," I mumbled and ran off to find Emmaline, not even waiting to hear his answer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey!! So thisis my first fan-fiction! Wooooo!!! Tell me what you think, yeah? I will be writing all seven books in another perspective by Harry's older sister, Dahlia so if you like how it's going, please, comment by telling me what you think, vote by clicking the vote button, and promoteby telling your friends, family, boyfriends, girlfriends, enemies, your dog, my turtle, Stjthan's cat, and random people on wattpad!! Thank you!!!

-Sydney de Luna