Misunderstanding

A blush spread upon Len's face as he brushed hands with Append in the hallway as he headed to his room for the night. Append felt a blush spread upon his own face during the incident as well as he headed down to the living room to meet up with Receiver.

Len...he's so overlooked now- ever since more modules came. Sometimes I think they forget none of us would exist without him existing first...and I'm the closest in appearance to him, but it seems like we're the farthest apart... Append thought as he walked.

"Hello~? Earth to Append!" Receiver waved his hand in front of Append's face.

"O-oh, h-hey Receiver," Append stuttered slightly.

"Daydreaming again, Append?" Receiver teased Append and punched his arm lightly.

Append shook his head and followed his friend.

"Okay, so it's time for the 'Jealousy plan' to get you and Len together. I was talking with Transmitter* and she told me about this technique. You get caught doing something romantic with another person, like kissing, by the person you like. Then, you comfort them and tell them your love. It goes on from there~ How great of a cliche love story, am I right?

"So, I kinda have to kiss you...but we're friends, right? It'll all be fine! Anyways, you'll be with Len in the end~!" Receiver finished with a grin.

"I-If you say so...," Append muttered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Len woke up to the sound of noise, and walked down the hallway to find the source. Rubbing his eyes, the sight that greeted him broke his heart and shattered it into a million peices.

Append and Receiver were on the couch having a make-out session. Append and Receiver. Append and Receiver.

A sob escaped him, causing the two boys to look at him. More tears flowed freely down Len's face and he turned on his heel. Len's sobs grew louder and louder and his door slamming echoed in the silent house.

"R-receiver...are you sure that's what we should've done?" Append felt tears prick his own eyes from the guilt of being the cause of his love's tears.

"I know I liked it~" Receiver grinned, "I do like you after all."

"H-huh?!" Append felt Receiver's hand slide under his shirt.

"G-get away from me!" Append pushed away the mischievous boy.

"I-I'm just going to forget you did that and we can still be friends...right?" Append murmured.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Len felt sobs shake his lithe frame as he tried to recover from the sight he had just seen. The person he was madly in love with was making out with someone he didn't exactly get along with...Receiver loved to tease Len-mainly about his height. It made him feel horrible about being short. But, when Append was around, he was even taller than Receiver and almost all of the modules- but he never teased anyone about heights.

Append had always been so kind to Len- always looking out for him.

Why? Did he not get any of the hints I had been dropping to how much I loved him? Not any of them? Or was he just ignoring them because he loved Receiver? Or is he secretly just like Punkish- but he doesn't play them with flirting, but kindness? Len thought.

A hand patted Len's back, and he turned to the hands' owner. Aitetsu sat beside him, now rubbing comforting circles on his back.

"You can tell me what's wrong once your ready- but for now, just cry out whatever it is if it helps you," Aitetsu hugged him.

"T-Thanks A-ait-tetsu," Len choked out.

---------------------------------------------------------------

About an hour or so later, Aitetsu returned to his shared room with Blue Moon with a worried look on his face.

"Tetsu? What's wrong?" Blue Moon looked up at his boyfriend.

"Len was crying in his bedroom because he saw Append and Receiver making out on the couch when he walked in the hallway," Aitetsu spoke.

"Oh...," Blue Moon looked down at his lap.

"I comforted him, and he's fast asleep. He went out like a light when I finally calmed him down," Aitetsu chuckled.

"That's my Tetsu~ always nice and kind~," Blue Moon hugged his boyfriend playfully.

Aitetsu kissed the top of Blue Moon's head, "Len is the reason we all are alive-based off of him. We owe him that much. It also hurts to see someone in pain and crying- whether the pain is physical or emotional."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Append sat in his room rubbing his eyes. He didn't sleep at all the night before because he was worried about Len and thinking about the rather scarring events of his best friend- Receiver- kissing him.

Len...

The shorter blonde boy was all that Append could think about. When he looked in the mirror that was all he now saw. He didn't see himself- he saw Len.

It hurt badly to think he broke his heart...

Append looked over to his window to see that the night was leaving and morning rising. But, against a photo of himself and Len he saw a line...a line of the fading darkness of night.

A 'nightline'.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Len sat in his room, washing his face that had been stained with tears the night before. He glanced at his dresser near the window, and saw the photo of himself and Append from a year before. The sun was rising for the morning, but glimpses of the night were still visible.

The edge of the night darkness hit the edge of the picture frame making a black line above it.

A 'nightline'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

*Transmitter = Transmitter is the module name for pretty much just Rin's version of the Receiver Len module.