Chapter 3

Chapter 3: An Explanation

"What is the meaning of this Granger?" asked Draco again, in the same dangerous tone.

Instead of replying, Hermione continued to stare at him wide-eyed, thoughts running through her head at one hundred miles an hour. How could he have found out? Just like that? I spent four years trying to keep it secret and he comes along and ruins all that effort in five measly minutes. How dare he read my mind like that I could just-

But Hermione's thoughts were cut off when Draco snapped his fingers in front of her face and said scathingly "I asked you a question Granger."

"I...I... don't know what you're talking about." Hermione managed to stammer out.

"Don't play with me Granger." Draco yelled. "You know exactly what I'm talking about."

"Stop yelling Malfoy." Said Hermione in a harsh whisper. "People are starting to stare."

Draco looked around to see that people were in fact staring at the two of them, strange looks upon their faces, but one scowl from Draco made them all turn around frightfully.

"Happy now Granger?" Draco whispered back harshly. "I want to know..."

"Look can we discuss this somewhere else?"

"What the hell do you mean? Discuss it somewhere else? Who do I look like to you? I want answers, and I want them now!'

"I don't want this all over the media." Hermione stated shortly.

Draco thought about it, he couldn't help but agree with her. He did not want his name dragged through the mud all because of that stupid Mudblood. "Where do you propose we go?" He asked inquiringly. "There isn't anywhere in Diagon Alley where we can actually have a private conversation."

"Don't you think I'm aware of that Malfoy? Do I look stupid to you? Don't answer that." She said when Draco made a move to speak "We'll have to go to my place."

"Are you out of your mind? I'm not going to your house. I'll get Mudbloodified."

"Oh, grow up will you."

"But-"

"If you can come up with some place better than do enlighten me." Said Hermione, crossing her arms. She was starting to lose her cool as she always did when she was around the ferret. Something about him always made her blood boil; she couldn't even look at him without feeling the urge to vomit.

"Fine I suppose we should go." Muttered Draco, examining his manicured hands.

"Thank you!"

"Mummy what's going on?" Nick asked, he was beyond confused as to what the grownups were talking about. The man seemed nice to Nick, but his mum wasn't quite as fond of him. As he realised this, his childhood curiosity kicked in and he wanted to know exactly what this man had done to make his mother hate him so much.

"It's nothing baby." Hermione replied picking up her son, "it's grown-up matters."

"But Mummy I want to know."

"You won't understand Nick." Said Hermione.

"If you've had enough of your little emotional moment, can we leave now?" Drawled Draco from behind them.

Hermione scowled before grabbing his upper arm roughly and apparting the three of them to her doorstep. The feeling of being squashed through an uncomfortably tight tube fell upon them all and a second later they were all standing facing a plain wooden door that had the number eleven hammered onto it in gold.