Royal Siblings

*NO ONE'S POV*

The sun rise over the Pride Lands. Wild herds stood eating on the tall green grass. Nearby lives a large popular lion pride. "Pride Rock" is the name. Its what we call home of the great Kings and Queens from the past. The lions are still sleeping inside their warm cave.

In the far back of the cave sleeps the new royal couple, King Simba and Queen Nala. Close between them lay their daughter Kiara and son Kion. Kiara move her body a little, accidentally kicking Kion on his face in the process. She open her eyes and yawn.

"Ouch, Kiara!" Said Kion.

Kiara chuckled and whisper, "Opps, sorry Kion."

Kion turn away from his sister and went back to sleep. He hates it when his sleep gets disturbed. Kiara shrug her furry shoulders and got up pouncing to the cave's exit. Today is the day she gets to explore out on her own without Simba, Timon, or Pumba guarding.

They've been very protective over her lately. Kiara doesn't seem to know why.  She's just a cub trying to have some outdoor fun!

"Wow." She gasp, with excitement.

Kiara stood on Pride Rock's tall ledge scanning the beautiful wide kingdom.

She giggle and her father Simba catches her as she comes near the edge.

"Whoah. Where do you think you're going in such a hurry?" He asks.

Kiara wiggle her body in Simba's grasp as he moves her to safety.

"Daddy! Let go!"

She keeps giggling as she tries to escape from his mouth.

"Well, I just want you to be careful."

Kiara pounces after a butterfly, not listening to a word. Simba steps on her tail to pin her down.

"Kiara... are you listening? Accidents can happen. You could easily get hurt, or stepped-"

Kiara says this well-practiced line along with Simba, and finishes it for him.

"...Hurt, or stepped on, or even get lost."

"And remember,... I want you to stay in sight of Pride Rock at all-"

"At all times, I know." Kiara is testy at the repetitive warning; she continues reciting. "And if I see any strangers, don't talk to them. Come straight home. Okay, okay. Can I go now? Please?"

Nala her mother and Zazu the hornbill a.k.a majordomo come forward. Simba exchanges a glance with Nala, reminiscent of when they played out this same scene as cubs.

"Hmm. Very funny." Simba says.

Nala laughs gently. "Mind your father, Kiara."

Kiara giggles. "Yes, mom."

"And stay away from the Outlands."

"Nothing there but a bunch of backstabbing, murderous Outsiders!" Said Zazu, rolling his eyes.

Simba nods. "Zazu's right... you can't turn your back on them."

"Really? How come?" She asks curiously.

"Mmm... never mind. Just run along now."

"But Dad, I-"

"You'll understand someday. Go on."

"Dad..."

Simba runs a paw over her, then nudges her off. Kiara resumes giggling and runs off down Pride Rock.

"And stay on the path I've marked for you!" He shouts, watching her go.

Nala chuckles. "Simba. Who does she remind you of? Hmm?"

Simba looks around cluelessly. "Huh? What? Who?"

"She's just like you were when you were young."

"Exactly. Do you realize the dangers we put ourselves in?"

Nala tackles Simba and puts him on his back.

"You mean the dangers YOU put us in."

They chuckle and nuzzle for a few moments, then Nala gets up.

"She'll be fine."

She moves off. Simba waits till she is out of earshot.

"Hey, Timon. Pumbaa. Come here."

Timon enters, on Pumba's back.

"Good morning, mon Capitan!" He greets.

"I want you to keep a close watch on Kiara. You know she's bound to run off."

"No worries, Simba. We're on her like stink on a warthog!"

"Hey!" Pumba frowns.

"It's the hard truth, Pumba. Live with it." Timon says.

"Guys, I'm counting on you. Danger could be lurking behind every rock." Simba says, seriously.

Timon looks quizzically at Simba, then takes him mock-seriously. "Ah hah."