I couldn't believe he would hide this from us. I felt hurt, but suddenly anger rose through me. I didn't really know this person. I knew who he claimed to be, which was nothing like him. He is a murderer. He is a kidnapper. I ran to my room, not feeling anything. I was dead inside. I can't believe I was stupid enough to believe him. I went into my bathroom, annd grabbed my sharpest blade, and dragged in across my skin. I looked at it and realized I cut deep. Very deep. I had actually cut my vein in half. I started seeing black on the edges of my vision. I breathed in to scream for help, but before I could, I blacked out.

Chase's POV

I woke up pretty early, wondering what I could do with the extra time.  I thought of a way to wake Emily up, and instantly put it into action. It wasn't much, but its the thought that counts. After I kissed her, she asked why I did. I said exactly what I thought. Why wouldn't I kiss her? Then I left to let her get dressed, I didn't want to seem like a pervert. I made her a healthy breakfast, still remembering the day she passed out. I wanted to avoid that at all costs. Then after breakfast she went to the bathroom again, I was going to look that up later and see what it meant. Then, we went outside, and I saw the car was smashed. I had no idea who would do this. Then Bree took us to school. Emily wanted to help out this new kid named Marcus. I didn't have a problem with it, he seemed nice. I had a feeling nothing else would happen until later today.

***Skips to home***

I was right about that. Nothing happened so far. Then Mr.Davenport wanted to talk to us in the lab. It looked like it was about something serious. More serious than anything he had told us before. He put something on my head, and suddenly I remembered my past.

I was in the car with my parents, heading back home after a long beach trip. It was the middle of the night, and I could tell I was soon to fall asleep. Then, I felt the car jerk to the side, and I knew we had just got hit. I was scared. I looked in the front of the car where my parents are, and saw them passed out, and bleeding heavily. I could tell they were going to die, I had always been smarter than my age group, making it easy to see their tragic but near future. Well, they wouldn't have a future. I started crying. I got out of what was left of the car and screamed for help, because I didn't have a phone. Then, men in all black suits came and started taking me away, seeming to not care about my parents. We got two more kids, another boy and a girl. They were both older than me, I could tell.  When we got there, I was put onto a table while a knife was taken to my neck. A chip was put inside it. Then, I was put into a tall, cylinder like object made out of bullet proof glass, making it hard to break. The same thing happened with the others. Then, a man I learned to call Mr.Davenport said we were going to be different. He explained a lot, but to sum it up, I had super smarts, the other boy named Adam had super strength, and the girl named Bree had super speed. He said this would be our life now. Then, he pressed some buttons on his computer, making me forget how I got here. I looked at the others, and they forgot to. I guess we will remember later in our lives.

I looked at Mr.Davenport, I was hurt. He hid this from us our whole lives. I couldn't help but wonder what Adam, Bree, and Emily remembered. Who even knows what Leo is thinking right now. Then, Emily got a look of pure anger, and I was worried that her comando app might come out, but instead she just ran upstairs. I wanted to go and hold her, tell her its okay, but I knew I couldn't right now. I looked around the room, Mr.Davenport looked regretful, Adam looked like he just saw something terrible, Bree had tears in her eyes, and Leo was confused. Finally someone spoke up.

Leo: "Um, now probably isn't the time, but what just happened?"

Bree: "Mr.Davenport, how could you do that to us?"

I noticed Bree's voice was softer than before.

Mr.Davenport: "I don't know. My brother had drugged me, making me go haywire. He never liked me. He always hated me. He is still out to get me today. That is also who trashed our car. I'm truly sorry."

I knew I could forgive him, but he could never have my full trust again. Nothing will ever be the same. Suddenly, I heard bleeding with my bionic hearing, fast bleeding. I knew if I didn't get to them in time, they would die. I ran upstairs and heard it was coming from Emily's room. Please don't let anything be wrong, I can't lose another person I love.  I pushed her door in, forgetting that doorknobs even exist. I saw Emily on the floor bleeding, and knew a vein was busted. I also saw a blade in her hand, and instantly knew what happened. This wasn't a one time thing. That's why there was a puddle of blood on the floor the day she ran away. I understood everything now. I felt a tear go down my cheek, and heard Adam yell for Mr.Davenport, using his bionics to ampily his voice. He knew we couldn't wait for a ambulance, so he picked her up in his arms, and Bree used her super speed to take us to the hospital.  I am so worried. I can't believe I didn't see something was wrong. I just hope she can live.

Bree's POV

Mr.Davenport wanted to talk to him in the lab. I may not be as smart as Chase, but i'm smart enough to figure out its not a good thing. He put these things on our heads, and suddenly the pain from my past hit me like a ton of bricks.

I was in my adoption home, after my alcoholic dad put me in here. My mom had just let him. I guess they never really cared about me. Then, one of the desk ladys told me to pack my stuff, I had been adopted. I hadn't really unpacked in the first place, so I pretty much just grabbed my bags. I wasn't sure what to expect. I went to their car, fast as always, noticing the windows were so dark I couldn't even see inside. I got into the back like the man said, and noticed a boy about a year older than me crying in the back. I could tell something bad happened. I already hated it here. Then we went and got another boy, a year younger than me. I saw how they got him, wow I was lucky I only got adopted. I felt so bad for him. Then, we were taken to a very large home, and thrown into the basement. It looked really strange. I saw the man cut open the boy's neck, and got terrified. I couldn't watch anymore. Then he did the same thing to me, putting a chip inside of me. The process was repeated with the other boy, and we were put into these round things. Then suddenly I forgot what had happened and so did the others. The man, named Mr.Davenport, explained everything. Cool, I have super speed!

I could forgive him, because he didn't do much to me. I was still hurt though. Not so much about him, but my real parents. They just gave me up. I felt like crying. Then Chase ran upstairs, and I heard Adam shout what was wrong. I took them to the hospital as fast as possible. I couldn't believe my best friend was in enough pain to do that to herself.

Adam's POV

 I was thinking about talking fruit when Mr.Davenport said he needed to talk to us. I wonder what its about. When we got down there, Mr.Davenport put these cool things on my head. Then, I remembered how I got here, and I didn't think they were cool anymore.

I was in my backyard practicing sports, the only thing I was good at, acording to my parents. They hated me because I was failing all my classes, seemed to have no "social graces" and didn't have a lot of common sense. I guess I was lucky though. They could abuse me, but instead they just ignore me. Then, I dropped my basketball when a bunch of men came into my yard, and took me away. I started yelling, asking them where they were taking me. I had always had anger problems, another reason I was good at sports, to relieve stress. They told me they were taking me to Davenport Industries. Then, we got two more kids, a girl and a boy, who was a huge nerd. Then, we were taken to a HUGE house, and put in the basement. I had to watch him hurt the other kids, and I was terrified about what would happen to me. Turns out it was the same thing. Then, I was put inside something, and I forgot everything. I only knew that I had to stay here, and had super strength.

So all these years I was living a lie. I was going to forgive him though, I mean I grew up with him, I can't just hate him forever. But it seems like Emily has another plan. That is, until I followed Chase and saw her bleeding. Gosh, I hope she is okay.

Marcus' POV

I am Mr.Davenport's brother's son. I want revenge on him for ditching my dad. He was supposed to let him help with the bionics. He forgot one little detail when he ditched us though... He gave me bionics,  and I plan to use them against him. I will make him suffer.

AUTHORS NOTE- I am really happy with how this chapter turned out. How about you?