Part One

Johnny Ghost stood at the front of the manor, tapping his foot impatiently. His partner, Johnny Toast, was late yet again. After a few more minutes, Toast came riding down the street on a moped. He stopped abruptly and ran over to Ghost.

"Sorry I'm late sir!"

Ghost turned around to face his friend.

"You were supposed to be here thirty minutes ago! What took you so long? And what is that?"

Toast turned and looked at the parked moped.

"It's my grandmother's moped, sir. I was at her house."

Ghost let out a long sigh.

"And why were you at her house?"

His partner turned back to face him.

"It's taco night, sir. And she makes the best tacos around!"

"Yes, Toast! I know! I've been to your house for taco night before! Let's just get inside."

The two paranormal investigators made their way up to the front doors of the estate. Johnny Ghost confidently knocked on the large oak doors. Seconds later, one of the doors slowly opened. In the doorway stood an old man who owned the manor. He was short and round with thick glasses. He spoke slowly.

"Oh! You must be the ghost people! Come in, come in!"

They both stepped inside the well lit house. He closed the door behind them and Ghost started by introducing him and his partner.

"Hello good sir! My name is Johnny Ghost! And this is Johnny Toast! Paranormal Investigators Extraordinaire!"

The old man scuffled along past them.

"Nice to meet you young'uns. I'm Mr. Kazuki. Now, umm, there has been a slight... problem."

Ghost looked at Toast with a confused look.

"A problem?"

"Uh, yes. You see, I called a different ghost whatchamacallit."

Ghost interrupted to fill in Mr. Kazuki.

"Paranormal investigator?"

"Yes, that. She told me she couldn't make it, so I call you fellows. Then she called last minute to say she was available. I was going to call you, but you never answered."

A questioning look grew on Johnny Ghost's face.

"Who is she?"

The old man scratched at his head as he led them to the living room.

"I think she said her name, but I've forgotten."

They stood outside the door to the living room.

"Anyway! She's in there, so you can ask for yourselves. If you need anything, I'll be in my study upstairs."

They both nodded as he walked up the staircase slowly. Ghost entered first, followed by Toast. He looked around for the other mysterious ghost hunter. The room was lit up by a fireplace roaring with heat.

"Hello? Anybody here?"

Ghost called out. The room almost echoed at his voice.

"You must be the other people Mr. Kazuki told me about."

The voice came from the other side of the room. He looked over and saw a figure with a large cloak bent over looking at a book on a small table. Her back was to them.

"Umm, yes. We are. My name's Johnny Gho...."

The words caught in his mouth as the mystery woman turned around. Ghost couldn't believe his eyes. She's beautiful, he thought. She walked up to him.