Chapter one. Awake

"No please no!" I screamed, my back against the wall, my only support.
   " Shut the hell up, you stupid bitch!" James growled, his eyes filled with rage. He pulled me by my hair and threw me on the ground. I already knew that tonight he would have no mercy on me. He always came home drunk, it was the same routine. He pulled me back up by my hair and slapped me so hard there was a ringing in my ear. He punched me two times then threw me on the ground again.

" PLEASE NO, AHHHHH!"
He kicked my side and I felt dizzy. The pain was getting to much for me. The all to familiar feeling of  blacking out was approaching me. He punched my face making it even more swollen. My cries filled the air, I felt numb. I felt a warm liquid on my face and touched it, blood. He took no time in hurting me again, kicking me, punching me. I saw black dots everywhere, the last thing i remembered was James' foot coming in contact with my face then I passed out.

    I woke up from the nightmare of a memory and sat upright. I looked around at my surroundings and realized where I was. A hospital.  I was sure how I ended up here. James. I felt a jolt of pain sear through my body and screamed from the pain. I pulled the gown up to reveal several cuts and bruises, all James' handy work. I laid back down and let myself rest for a moment before looking around the room again. This time I found I wasn't alone, on another bed there was a man who seemed to be in a coma. I unhooked my IV and all the other tubes and tried to stand up. I almost fell before I grabbed onto a small table that happened to be next to me. I limped over to the restroom and looked in the mirror. I started to cry. The woman in the mirror wasn't me. She had cuts and bruises all over her face that I felt unrecognizable. Her hair was frizzy and knotted and she was extremely thin. With these wounds I couldn't have been here for a couple of days. I then returned to my bed and laid back down. I closed my eyes and drifted into a deep sleep.

 I closed my eyes and drifted into a deep sleep

A/N- sorry for the short chapter. I promise the next one will be way longer! Keep reading, I promise it gets better 😏.