Fairy Tale

Okay so, I made this drawing and I thought of this Monkees oneshot, so enjoy! (That's the drawing, I know it sucks) This is probably going to be really crappy and innacurate, but oh well.

Mike walked out of his dressing room in the most ridiculous form of drag ever. A princess. A. Fricking. Princess.

Once the other three Monkees noticed Mike's attire, they almost immediately fell on the floor, cracking with laughter. "Looking fabulous, Michael." Davy said between bursts.

"Shut up." Mike said flatly. "You guys dressed in drag too, y'know. All on the same episode."

"Well, I'm glad I'm not you right now, I hate drag." Peter said seriously, but still laughing.

"Oh, man." Micky sighed, wiping away a tear from crying of laughter so much.

"And how was Venice, Mrs. Arcadian?" Mike, ahem, Gwen snapped back.

"Lovely, actually. Why, do you plan to go there with the peasant of Tork?"

"Hell yeah, we will."

"Twill it be a good time?" Micky said in a ridiculous voice.

"Oh, twill it now," Mike sassed sassily in an odd falsetto, flipping some hair from the blonde wig off his shoulder and behind his back, causing his princess hat to fall off. "Shoot."

They began making a multitude of comments on Princess Gwen before they were told it was time to begin actually filming the episode.

••••••

"Oh, fair princess, I have loved you from afar, lo these many-" Nobody could keep from cracking up. They barely could get through a line. One person would start laughing, then another, then before you know it cast and crew were laughing on the floor.

"Oh my God," Mike sighed, banging his head against the cardboard makeshift carriage. "We'll never finish shooting at this rate."

••••••

"DOWN, PEASANT!!!" Princess Gwen declared in the falsetto.

Peter covered his face in his hands as he began to laugh more. "Jesus Christ," he sighed.

••••••

Now it was time for the tables to turn.

"I have never loved pants more!" Mike sighed, glad to be out of that dumb outfit.

"Amen to that. Drag is hell." Peter agreed.

Micky walked out of the dressing room in this not as, but very ridiculous outfit of drag. Dressed as Goldilocks, he was in a short blue and white plaid dress with a long apron around the waist, and to top it off, a curly blonde wig that somehow covered Micky's beast of hair.

Davy walked out of his dressing room soon after dressed even funnier. A white blouse with a red skirt, covered by a red cape, along with a red haired wig split into braided pigtails. Little Red Riding Hood accompanied with a basket.

"Talk about Little Red Riding Hood." Micky smirked.

"You're the one to talk, Goldilocks."

"I think I've still got you all beat in the drag competition," Mike sighed, crossing his arms.

"Whatever, let's just get all this crap over with..."

Mike smiled happily knowing they'd also have to dress as Hansel and Gretel.

••••••

"Well, we miraculously got that done."

"Yep,"

"Can't wait to see the look on Christian's face when he sees this."

••••••

A few weeks later

"Mike, what's up with the episode they're playing tonight?" Phyllis asked.

"I don't know, which episode's on tonight?"

"Something like, 'Fairy Tale', I think?"

Mike laughed a little in his head. "Oh, that's playing tonight."

"Yeah, what's that all about?"

"Oh, you'll just have to wait and see..."

"Daddy!" Christian exclaimed, running to give his father a hug.

"Hey, Christian! Oh boy, wait for the episode they're playing tonight! You'll love it!"

"Yay!!!"

"IT'S ON IT'S ON IT'S ON IT'S ON" Christian exclaimed, waiting for the episode.

A small trumpet fanfare played and a small introduction.

"Hi, I'm Mike, and I'm the cobbler!"

"It's you, daddy, it's you!!!!"

Mike nodded his head in agreement, waiting for Princess Gwen to appear.

"HARK!" The four soon announced on the television. Princess Gwen soon rolled up in the carriage.

"HEEELLLP! HEEEEEEEELLPP! Here we are stuck in the mud! HEEEEELLLPP! With a bunch of incompetence! HEEEEEELLP!"

Christian almost immediately turned around and looked at his father with the most peculiar face ever. "DADDY?!?"

"MIKE?!?"

Mike covered his face, hiding his laughter, before finally cracking up.

"Oh my God, Mike-"

The phone rang and Phyllis got up to answer it. "Hello?" She paused for a minute, listening to the other end. "Mike, it's for you." She handed him the phone.

With a light chuckle, he grabbed the phone, "Mike Nesmith speaking."

"ROBERT MICHAEL NESMITH, WHAT IN HEAVEN'S NAME-" Only one person that could be; his mother.

"Oh, hi Mom..."

"WHAT IS THIS?!?"

"Well... Nobody else wanted
to volunteer, so, I-"

"Michael, I don't even think I want to know."

"No, you really don't."

Soooooo yeah, that was my first oneshot.