PROLOGUE;

"We're all going mad here." Vesper Adams.

      I always loved that story. I always believed in stories of happiness and adventure. I grew up believing in everything it told me.
      I believed in white rabbits with ticking  pocket watches. I believed in tiny mushrooms that could magically make you the size of the house. I believed in smiling cats with wide eyes that could disappear in a second. I believed in mad men with a hare that could talk as a friend. I believed in every word. I believed in every moment. I believed in it.
         It wasn't until I turned the age of thirteen. I finally realized how wrong I was. How wrong I had been to believe in such a nonsense.
         In the real world, the white rabbits aren't running through open fields, glancing at their watch and singing a merry tune. They were tested for our well being, for our selfish needs.
        In the real world, there were no magic mushrooms. The magic mushrooms of the real world will ruin your life and get you into the deepest of trouble.
        As I began to realize these things, my life changed all together. These were the things that slowly turned me into a real version of the Mad Hatter. 'Mad Hatter 2.0'.
        The most daunting things has to be the fact that the book of alleged 'happiness and laughter' is going to destroy us. It leads children into the idea that life is perfect, and when it doesn't go that way someone will always be there to pick you back up again.
        But it isn't true. Sometimes things do go the wrong way and you have nobody to pick you back up. Sometimes you don't have that somebody to pick you back up from that rabbit hole. Sometimes you don't have anyone to wake you up from that nightmare. Sometimes there just isn't anybody there.
         It might only be me that goes through this trouble, that thinks of it every tortuous day. But it's an ongoing battle. And it's not a battle against the book, or any book like that. It's the battle against the darkness. The way we teach the children of the future. After all, you don't want them to turn out mad like me... Do you?