Chapter Four: Fiendship and Friendship

**

Kiela woke up the second the water hit her skin

Kiela woke up the second the water hit her skin. She sat up spluttering, clothes completely drenched. Heru stood before her, holding a wooden bucket. He smiled to himself. "What was that for?" she gasped.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Heru replied, smiling nastily. "I should have boiled it first. Well, too late for that."

Outrage filled Kiela. "What are you doing in my tent?" she gestured to the soaked mattress and the water that dripped onto the floor. "Was that even legal?"

"No." Heru answered. "You have ten minutes to dry off and meet beside my tent. Don't be late."

Kiela made as if to protest, but he was already gone. Grumbling angrily she yanked off her sleeping clothes and pulled a tunic over her head. She stomped off towards the west end of camp. The shifters that she passed avoided her, dropping their gazes to their feet. Kiela squinted to see; the sun hadn't even risen yet. A very irritated looking Lono stood beside Heru's tent. His hair was soaked, and the earth beneath his feet was damp.

"You look like a drowned rat," Kiela observed.
"I could say the same about you, except all the time, not just hen someone dumps water on your head." Lono replied. Kiela snarled at him, but was too tired to say anything else.

Heru stepped out of his tent. He handed both of them a thin wooden stick. "Here are your tools," he said. "I have drawn a circle around my tent, and I have drawn a smaller one near the Abör oak. You have until this time tomorrow to pick up every stone in this area and put them in the smaller circle located there. If you sleep, you forfeit the rest of your time. Any questions?"

"Yes." Kiela spat out. "If this isn't legal, I could simply report you to Ramsea."

Heru heaved out a great sigh. "This again? Answer my question; is what you did legal?"

Kiela bit out an angry "No."

"Then it doesn't matter. I'll see you in about twenty-three hours, and fifty minutes. Don't go over time." With that, he swept away.

Kiela glared at Lono. "This is all your fault."

"My fault?" Lono gasped. "You're the one that spilled the lard!"