Chapter 1

Twitching a finger, the female cracks open her eyes. Her vision blurred; blinking quickly and rubbing her eyes, she pushes herself up into a sitting position. She heard the sound of high heels walking towards her.

Looking over to her right, she sees a blurry figure, "Miss [Last Name]?" she asks.

The female nods and grabs her glasses from the table beside her. Putting on her glasses, she could clearly see who is was. The school's nurse, "are you feeling alright?"

"Fine"

"Hmm" the nurse nods scribbling something on her clipboard.

"...what happen?" [Name] ask.

The nurse stops her writing and looks up through her thin glasses, "an old wound opened up"

"Oh" [Name] replied as she touched her head, "how?"

"Don't know" the nurse replied. She puts the clip board aside and crosses her arms, "anyways, the wound was a six week old with no proper treatment; you do know how dangerous it is to leave a wound unattended?"

"..." the female looks off to the side.

"And it was luck that Mister Williams was there to bring you here as well" the nurse explains.

"Matthew?" [Name] questions.

"He came in running holding you" the nurse opens the cabinets.

"Wher-"

"He left right after putting you on the bed" the nurse cuts her off. Nodding, she watches the nurse change her bandages, "...done, now off you go. Your parents are probably worried sick about you"

Thanking the nurse, she got off the bed and grabbed her bag then left.

Her feet echoes through the empty hallways. Reaching the exit she opens the door and heads down the stairs but this time slowly. As she got to the bottom, she spots a white key chain. Bending down she grabs it gentle. It was a simple white polar bear holding a maple leaf, "...?"

Shoving it in her pocket, she makes her way out of the gates and down the busy streets. Walking pass the shops and down to the neighborhood she enters a familiar house, "I'm home"

"Welcome home" a voice called out in the kitchen, "why late today?"

"I was helping my friend with her work" she answered, "what's for dinner?" she quickly changed the subject. Walking to the kitchen she spots her mother by the stove.

"Chicken soup again" her mother sighed, "sorry"

"It's alright" putting her bag by the kitchen counter, "I'm going to go shower" and with that she headed off.

Her mother continued to stir the pot until the phone rang, "hm?" putting the lid back on the stove and lowering the heat, she wipes her hands with a tea towel and picks up the phone, "hello? Ms.[Last Name] speaking"

Taking off her jacket, she takes out the keychain and puts it on her dresser. Opening the drawers, she grabs the towel and soap. Heading over to the closet, she picks out a clean pair of pajamas and was about to head to the bathroom when a sound of crashing was heard down at the living room.

Stopping in her tracks, she tip toes down the stairs and spots her mother yelling in the phone while knocking things over as she got even more angry. The female could only stand and watch as her mother screamed at whoever was at the other line; tears spilling out of her mother's eyes.