Hope for the Holidays.

Começar do início

I smile at her and head back to the bathroom to finish up doing my hair.

"Hey, isn't your first interview today?" I hear her footsteps following up from behind me.

"Yeah..." I sigh, opening up the cabinet below the sink.

I begin to rummage through the mess under there until I am able to find my blue-green tinted straightener.

"Don't worry one bit," she reminds me, "You're going to do great. I know it and you know it too!"

"Thanks Claire," I smile, taking the first strand of hair and placing it inside of the flat iron.

"Just remember to be yourself," she says and then walks away.

I finish up with my hair and shove the straightener back under the sink.

Walking back into my room, I slip on my pumps and find my purse along with my black three inch binder that has all of the work that I have ever done on the side of my bed.

I slump my shoulders and let out a large ration of exasperated air.

This is the moment of truth.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Stepping into this office feels as if I just entered Santa's house in the North Pole. There is silver garland hung evenly on each wall, a Christmas tree in the far right corner of the waiting room, and mini pumped up snowman in the other corner.

I walk up to the reception desk that is straight ahead of me.

I notice that they even have candy cane pens resting on the countertop.

"I'm here for an interview," I say to the curly haired, dark toned woman sitting in front of the computer.

She looks up from the screen and smiles at me, "Mr. Harrison will see you shortly. Please take a seat in one of the chairs."

I nod at her command, spin around, and take a seat nearest to the reception window.

I begin to nervously pick at my cuticles as the thoughts gradually come back.

Holy crap, I'm pregnant!

What am I going to do? I'm absolutely terrified because graduation is in two weeks and I need to get my real life going from that point. This is why I need one of these jobs that I'm interviewing for this week.

But what about the baby?!

What do I do when it comes?

"Olivia Huntington?"

My thoughts clear out and I lift my head to a view of man that seems to be of his mid thirties, leaning against the frame of an open door next to the reception window. He has dark hair and a face the shape of a heart with dark eyes and pursed lips. He is also wearing a clean blue pinstriped suit.

I nod and get up from my seat.

"Follow me!" He points towards the long narrow hallway past the door frame.

I do as followed and proceed to accompany the man down the passageway.

We make a right turn at the end of the hallway and enter a small little office on the right. The first thing that you see is a black desk with a Mac desktop computer on it. There are also two chairs on one side and a swivel chair on the other. I head over to the other side and take a seat in one of the two plain chairs.

Mr. Harrison closes the door and takes a seat in his swivel chair. He smiles at me before he proceeds to flip through the piles of papers he has on his desk. Once he manages to find what he's looking for, he takes the brown clipboard that rests on the side of his desk and clips the pieces of paper he has in his other hand, to it.