"I did Art."

"Does that mean you can...draw up things?"

"Yes sir."

"So if I asked you to draw something, or create something, you can?"

"I guess so," I nodded confused. Why does he need me to draw something. 

There was a long silence as Gabriel leaned back in his chair his hands clasped under his chin as his eyes focused on his desk like he was in deep thought, "Very well, you can leave now."

There was that smile again, that smile that sent shivers down my body because I had no idea what he was thinking. 

I closed the door behind me, walking towards Fern. Fern was busy texting on his phone and I bet he never got told off for that. He looked up at me, nodded at me to speak. Perhaps he never got in trouble because he had been working wit h Gabriel for nearly eight years.  

"Yeah?" he said when I said nothing. 

I leaned against his desk grabbing his letter opener, he always had cool things, would he notice if I borrowed it. "Do you know what Gabriel's planning?"

Whatever I said seemed to have caught his attention as he looked up, his eyes focusing on me for a moment longer before he sat up putting his phone away and swinging to his computer screen, "What do you mean?"

"I mean Richard and him were talking forever this morning, and now he asked me the weirdest thing, you know everything, go on tell me. I'll buy you a cupcake."

They say curiosity killed the cat, but thank god I was a human. Because I was super curious, even though I was his personal assistant, I found out things last in this group. Usually Fern knew more than me, always. Even his meeting schedule. 

"What did he ask you?" Fern questioned. 

"Just random stuff, he never talks to me about things not work related, so I thought that was weird." I turned his letter opener around in my hand.

"What did he say exactly?"

"Something about drawing something for him if he needed it, what is he on about? Is this another project of ours?" was he trying to partner another company, how many more did he need to meddle with. It was like he made everyone his partners and got some of their secret honey making him even richer.

Gosh, can I get a share? I needed a new car, my old piece of junk was falling apart. And maybe even a better apartment, the place I had didn't even have a  proper kitchen. And who the hell could survive without an oven, I wanted to bake things, the small portable oven just didn't make fluffy big cakes.

"No, I don't know anything," 

I frowned, "Damn, oh well, better get back to work," and I was pretty positive he was already timing me away from my desk. Was there a little pressure thing under my seat that lets him know, with his blinds closed he somehow still managed to always know what I was up to. Were there cameras in here?

Probably.

Wait, that was creepy, really creepy.

I sighed sitting back in my seat and writing on a sticky note to remember to put out the mail, I'll admit it, it was completely my fault. I always did forget, and the post man never rang the bell to ask. And no one from the main office would come remind us, they were too scared to come down this way, with due cause. Gabriel and Fern weren't the most pleasant people to talk with.

It took me nearly a year to get Fern to be somewhat kind to me, and that was only after I proved myself to him. He would call me the wrong name just to piss me off.

I logged back into the server and opened my emails and sighed already seeing a few from Gabriel, no doubt wanting me to do things. 

* * * 

"Yeah, no worries I'll get him to call you ba-," I looked up, "Back." I frowned as I tapped my pen as I listened to the old man on the phone, "Yes sir. I'll get Mr. Parish himself to call you,"

What was Richard doing here...again?

Richard nodded at me as his eyes met mine and he walked into Gabriel's office. I sat up in my chair, the blinds were open so I could see Gabriel and Richard from an angle, or more or so Richard was in clear view.

"Huh? Oh sorry sir, yes, I'll talk to you soon," I said hanging up on the old man. He could wait. and Gabriel wasn't going to speak to him anyway, we owed him money, and he wasn't going to get paid till our next payment so there was no point asking Gabriel. He'd just be like "Miss Rodriguez, you're not listening to what I say," speech. 

I pretended I was doing work, just in case there really are cameras, as my eyes kept watch on them. There had to be something. Why else would the lawyer who barely visited come here so many times within forty-eight hours. Something was happening.

And I wanted to know.

I looked over at Fern's desk, where did he go? I was pretty sure he was here when I was speaking on the phone. I went back to looking at Richard, and saw him hand over papers to Gabriel. I wonder what was on those papers. I shifted in my seat leaning trying to get a glimpse of what Gabriel was doing. Maybe I should move my chair so I could have a better view. 

But that would be too obvious cause then they could see me. I leaned over pretending to reach the stapler. I could just tell something was going on by the way they wee acting. Richard visiting, Gabriel asking me about stuff and not coming out of his office once all day, not to mention he hasn't yelled at me since this morning and usually he liked to yell at me once an hour at least. Minimum.

A voice cleared beside me and I jumped in my seat nearly screaming and looked up, "Jesus Carl you scared the shit out of me!"

Carl laughed leaning against my desk, "What are you doing?"

"Stapling, what does it look like?" I muttered. 

"Stapling what?" 

Right, he had a point, I had no papers in my hand, "I was seeing if it was working, I think I jammed it." Carl raised an eyebrow as his green eyes almost taunted me like he knew I was doing anything but stapling but dropped it as he placed invoices on my desk.

"You think you can do a really quick payment run for me." he leander over, his cologne wafting to my nose, and smiled. His charm didn't work on me. 

"Yeah no, its six, I'm going home."

"Oh please Rory, please, Greg will kill me if he realises that I haven't paid this, it's due tomorrow."

I groaned, "He's in a meeting Carl, it's going to take forever for him to approve these and everything." 

Carl frowned at me, with his big puppy dog eyes I guess his charm worked on me a little bit. 

"No promises, I'll try."

Carl blew me a kiss throwing the payment pile at me and running off before I called him back, he said a quick payment, this was not a quick payment. Not like he would care, he was going to go home to his wife and kids while I sat here doing this payment. 

Insta: Imsooverpolice