"Yes. Truth is nothing to be ashamed of. Especially in this critical matter."

"We will look after him. All of us. Even send someone to guard him while he lives there." said the dwarf, much more softly now.

"And we will make sure the darkness never harms him. That is the promise of an Aerian. As strong as the winds," spoke Kral.

"Let go of him." whispered the old lady.

"Panache, will you protect him too?" Evod asked softly.

"With my life." she nodded.

"And you, Yorgue?"

"Every day since the break of the dawn till the fall of the sun." the young man bowed slightly.

"And we take from there till the dawn breaks again." said Kral.

"Begin the Sending, Dwellers." Noralle spoke and walked a little away from the baby's carriage, which was still sleeping peacefully.

All six of them walked a little away from the carriage, forming a circle.

"You first, Panache," whispered Noralle.

Panache stepped forward, breaking the circle. She placed a gentle hand on the baby's right arm, making him shift a little. She pressed it harder making it whine softly. A few moments later, a blinding golden light filled the room, coming from the edges of her palm. She removed her hand and a golden letter A glimmered in its place. She whispered into the baby's ear,

"I, on behalf of the Slayers, accept you as the Ahda, Guardian of our stone, Ara the Brave."

The A glowed brightly one last time as she finished speaking and then died down, engraved visibly on the soft white skin. She stepped back.

"You are next, Garthane."

The dwarf stepped forward, moving his stool with him. He took a chain from his pocket, a large round pendant dangling from it. it held a complicated pattern. He pressed it to the A on the baby's arm, murmuring something. A soft glow came from the pendant, emerald green in color. He removed the pendant, and on it, a part of the pattern was missing shaped in an A as well. The missing imprint was left on the baby's arm.

"I, on behalf of the Dwarves, accept Abeth as our Ahda, Guardian of our stone, Azur the Passionate," Garthane said, moving away as the A glowed green.

"Kral."

Kral stepped forward. Out of nowhere, he summoned a small cloud, casting its shadow over the baby. Like Panache, he simple placed his hand over the baby's right arm for a while. A faint V was left behind, glowing purple, as he removed his hand.

"I, on behalf of the Aeries, accept you as the Ahda, Guardian of our stone, Viol the Loyal."

He joined the rest of them just as Yorgue stepped forward. He took a small silver dagger and touched it to the baby’s arm, now getting up from the continuous disturbances to its sleep.

“Forgive me, baby Abeth. This might hurt a little.” Yorgue whispered as he started moving the sword over the baby’s arm, scratching it and making light traces of blood appear. The baby began to cry as the pain woke him up. Yorgue finally drew up the dagger and passed his hand over the mark, making the blood turn blue and dry up.

“I, on behalf of the Elves, accept Abeth as our Ahda, Guardian of Nele the Wise”

A bright blue light came from the mark shaped N.

Noralle turned to Evod.

“Bless him, Evod. As the only living Ahda and a grandfather. I shall send the baby then.”

Evod looked at the crying baby and slowly walked towards it. He lifted the baby, cradling it until it quiet down. He lowered it back in the carriage and placed a hand on its head.

“I, Ahda of the Chamelots, brand this child as the new Guardian of our stone, Zaffron the Lover, willingly giving away the last of my abilities, Mind, to help him find and reason what he is looking for.”

Another engraving began to appear on the arm, taking the shape of Z while brightly glowing red. Just as the last engraving completed, all the symbols burst into life, glowing their own colors. Evod, playing with time, removed his hand slowly from the baby’s head just as the light died down a final time, leaving only the markings behind, now black and burnt.

Noralle stepped forward and the baby started crying again just as he was, once again, lifted from his carriage. He carried the baby away from the others, to a small tub filled with a green glowing element, as if light was thrown into it. Slowly, he placed the baby inside, submerging him, while the surface of the element did not disturb at all. Just as the small fist went into the water, the baby grew restless, beating his hands and legs.

“Noralle, he-“ Evod began, worrying.

“He is alright.” Noralle removed his hands, watching the baby as his silent cries left ripples on the water. The others joined them, watching the baby silently, a she began to fade.

“Will he-“ a tear rolled down Evod’s wrinkled cheeks into the green element.

“Yes, Evod. He will be safe.” Noralle whispered, just as the baby disappeared, leaving them staring into an empty tub.

Ian woke up with a start, sitting straight. He was breathing hard and sweating profusely.