chapter 2

Other fish and merpeople were on their way to Triton's place. Attina, Alana, Adella, Aquata, Arista, and Adriana swam out of their room and came to meet Patrick, Emily, and Jessica.

"Hey, girls." Jessica smiled.

"Hey, Jessica," Adella smiled. "Oh, your hair looks great."

"Are you excited about tonight?" Arista gushed. "A concert all about us and you're here to visit!"

"Yeah..." Jessica said to her cousins. "It's really great to see you all."

"I have a feeling..." Adella chewed her lip nervously. "What if the concert doesn't go well?"

"You're just worried you'll look silly with a cute boy watching." Attina teased her boy crazy sister.

"What?! No." Adella said.

This made the others giggle to her.

"Well... Maybe..." Adella smiled sheepishly with a shrug.

"Addie, it'll be fine..." Arista rolled her eyes. "When have we ever messed anything up?"

"You got a good point there." Adella smiled.

"Unless, we missed a rehearsal..." Arista sounded fearful.

"Jessica, we have to take our seats now!" Patrick called to his oldest child.

"Break a.... Umm... Tail fin..." Jessica gave her cousins two thumb's up in luck.

The young mermaids smiled back and copied her as she swam off to join her parents. As soon as she was gone, they looked to their hands.

"What does this mean?" Alana wondered.

"I think that means good luck." Arista said.

The mermaid sisters then gave thumb's up to each other.

"Girls, get ready!" Triton's voice said.

"But wait, where's Ariel?" Adriana wondered.

"She's probably already in her shell, come on, we have a show to do!" Alana said as she swam ahead.

"Me first, I'm the oldest!" Attina reminded her sisters.

'Oh, brother.' Arista thought to herself with a groan.

The other merpeople and fish swam in and took their seats. Jessica sat with Patrick and Emily, but noticed that Darla, Urchin, Atticus, and Ariel were missing. Hopefully they would catch up.

A seahorse wearing an Elizabethan collar swam out as everyone filed into their seats. "His royal highness, King Triton!" he announced.

Everyone then began to cheer as the king of the sea was coming in. Patrick, Jessica, and Emily smiled fondly. Triton rode a clam-shell pulled by a couple of dolphins and he rose his trident to blast a chandelier. There came colorful and harmless sparks down to the crowd which excited them even more.

"And presenting the distinguished court composer, Horatio Thelonious Ignatius Crustaceous Sebastian!" the seahorse then announced for the famed crab of Atlantica.

Almost no one applauded for Sebastian as he rode in his own ride.

"Are those goldfish?" Jessica asked.

"Looks like it..." Emily noticed as well.

Jessica sighed and shook her head. "Poor Sebastian..."

Sebastian had a word with Triton, then took his stand, tapping his conductor's stick, and swayed it as orchestra music played. As the orchestra music played, six shells began to come up.