Harry Potter > Twilight (REVAMPED.)

I'm doing it a lot differently, with an in depth reason for each chapter. :)

.

 Larger variety. There's so many different characters with the Harry Potter universe. Just thinking about that reminds me of Fleur Delacour, a part Veela. What are Veela? Veela originate from Slavic mythology. They appear as beautiful woman, with beautiful voices that entrance and paralyse those who hear them. However, it seems they only affect men. 

Another example of the many diverse characters and such, is the Headless Hunt. For those of whom may need refreshing, the Headless Hunt is an organisation of, obviously, headless ghosts, led by Sir Patrick Delaney-Podmore.

It's because of these characters that Harry Potter is interesting. I, myself, never heard of hippogriffs before J.K. Rowling had brought them into such light. (They were not her original creation.) 

However, you could argue that the Twilight universe has many characters as well. Aro, indeed, if you don't know who he is, is one of the co leaders of the Volturi. But, unlike with Harry Potter, we don't get a full background of these extras, even though Stephanie Meyer could have given one. Another extra, is the Denali coven, of which we do get more of a background on. 

So while Meyer does give characters, they seem to get tossed aside, and sometimes, don't even get an explanation for their actions. I, personally, would have loved to hear about how Aro got into the state he was. (He seemed to have aged, which was reportedly impossible.)