“My eyes are up here pervert” I said, playfully punching his arm.

“Right, well let’s go” he said holding his hand out to me, I held unto hi as he led me to a black Audi TT. It was absolutely stunning, but I miss my bike. He steered me to the passenger side, opening the door for me.

“Wow Darren, what a gentleman” I said

“Well I do have mad skills when it comes to romancing the ladies” he said, cockily.

“You say that like it’s a lot”

“Well I don’t want to brag about it but…” he trailed off.

“Womanizer” I muttered

“I’m not a womanizer” he defended “I like to think of myself as god’s gift to the ladies”

“Well when your mate comes you’re in for a hell of a ride” I said laughing.

“Speaking of mates, why aren’t you with yours?” he asked. I stiffened, and began to play with the bangles around my wrist.

“I don’t have one” I said through clenched teeth

“Adelina you don’t have to lie to me baby doll. While I was on patrol last night I heard you and Peter arguing about it” fuck! I clenched and unclenched my fist trying to think of something to say. “I can’t help but wonder why you agreed to go on this date with me if you already found your mate” he said confused.

“Darren please just drop it” I practically begged

“Please just help me understand” he said reaching over to take my hand in his. “Please”

“It’s because he doesn’t want me!” I shouted, feeling the anger I felt since I met him come to the fore front “He doesn’t fucking want me. He rather stay with his fucking slut than accept me. I’m not good enough for him Darren that why I fucking agreed to this fucking date. I can’t just wait around for him. What? He fucks the hell out of Rosie then comes crawling to me. I don’t think so. I’m not a toy he can use conveniently. I’m his fucking mate” after my rant, I was breathing heavily, my entire body was convulsing violently, I had no control whatsoever.

I so wanna kill Rosie right now. I said to my wolf, who’s been quiet all day

Finally, I know you’d come around. She encouraged

“Adelina, baby doll calm down” my entire body was throbbing; anger running through my veins making Darren's voice sound like a whisper.

“Shhh don’t cry baby doll. It’s okay. I’m here for you” he cooed. It was only then I realized I was crying. Great I chose my first date night ever to break down and cry. Fun! I violently wiped the tears away, holding unto Darren for dear life, he had pulled across unto his lap, where he rocked my back and forth, trying to calm me down. “I’m sorry; I shouldn’t have pushed you into telling me. I didn’t know you were hurting so badly”

“I’m sorry” I said in a husky voice “I just overreacted; I should’ve have more self-control than that”

“It’s understandable, if I was in your situation that guy would’ve been dead” he said seriously

“It just hurts, knowing that I had no one else to count on, and he out right rejected my, without reason”

“You have me now” he said reassuringly “Don’t you worry, one day he’ll be on his knees begging for you to take him back” he said with a smile on his face “And I’ll be there with a camera to document the entire thing”

“Come on play boy let’s go” I said. He restarted the car and we were on our way.

We decided to watch some sappy love story. But we didn’t watch it at all, we talked through the entire movie, he made me laugh and forget about my previous heart ache. Currently we were in a diner, enjoying dinner, playing truth and dare.