the truce erupts in war

Start from the beginning

"Oh come on, Pat, this is like good stuff! I can't wait until lunch!"

- - -

"So who's side are you even on?" Agamemnon asked, sitting across from Achilles at the lunch table. Achilles looked up at him.

"Well, your brother's, but I'm not gonna really fight for him unless he needs me too. See, Pat, I'm staying out of drama," Achilles smiled at the brunette. Patroclus gave his best friend a blank look.

"That's impossible for you."

Agamemnon watched as his brother walked into the cafeteria, murmurs coming from everyone's mouths. "Pat's got a point. I see why you two are dating, he keeps you in line -"

"We're not dating," Patroclus defended, a small red blush creeping up his face. Agamemnon raised his eyebrows.

"Whatever you say. And I've gotta go talk to Menelaus, so I can leave Achilles to 'stay out of drama'!"

"It's like... he'd be fine if he didn't steal those shorts. And what's up with him and Briseis because -"

"Okay, listen, before this whole fight starts, also known as probably the biggest drama the school has ever seen, let's clear the air," Briseis said in one breath, setting her text books in front of Achilles and Patroclus, straightening her jacket.

"Nothing could surprise me at this point," Patroclus shrugged, stabbing his salad with his fork.

"Basically, Paris slept with Helen, and Helen is Menelaus' girlfriend, and now Menelaus is pissed. But Helen just kinda wants them to stop but, like, the girl won't side for anyone! I told her she needs to pick or else it's going to get even uglier."

"When isn't drama at this school ugly?" Patroclus asked, laughing a bit. Achilles nudged his side.

"He's right. Either way, Menelaus is going to try and get back at Paris or Paris is going to gloat about getting laid," Achilles stated bluntly. Briseis crossed her arms, looking around the cafeteria.

"Well, she just needs to show up right now or Paris might not leave with his arms in tact - oh crap, there she is - don't get too involved, Achilles!" Briseis said over her shoulder, running off to talk to Helen. Achilles looked from Briseis to Patroclus.

"Shit's about to get real."

"Shit always gets real with you. You think Hector will help Paris much?"

"Eh, I don't know. He already thinks he's better than Paris, so I doubt he'd help him a bunch. But, I mean, they're brothers, so who knows."

Patroclus watched Briseis and Helen talk, Helen running her hands continually through her hair. "You think Menelaus will really hurt Paris?"

"I wouldn't doubt it. I mean, most of the teachers here don't really care so -" Achilles stopped his sentence when he saw Paris walking into the cafeteria, Hector walking a ways behind him. Face it, Paris looked great, he could get anyone in bed with him, but Achilles doubted that'd come in handy when faced with a fuming Menelaus. Unless Menelaus was persuaded to have sex with Paris. That'd be wild.

Paris ran a hand through his dark hair. Then Achilles' eyes flickered over to Menelaus standing up from his lunch table, his brother sitting across from him, both of their jaws clenching.

Menelaus walked up to Paris, Helen watching from the side with Briseis beside her. Menelaus raised his eyebrows.

"So you wanna go first? Or should Helen?" Menelaus offered, motioning to his girlfriend. Helen bit her lip.

"Menelaus -" Helen started to talk.

"You wanna go first?" Menelaus asked. Helen looked down at her feet, the back up.

"Listen, 'Laus, Paris and I - this summer - it was a party and you were out at Florida. It was a mistake, yeah, but don't take it out on Paris-"

"You're defending him?" Menelaus put a hand on his hip.

"Menelaus, just listen, it was a mistake, it won't happen again!" Helen tried to protest. Menelaus looked from Helen to Paris.

"You're still a fucking punk and -" Menelaus swung his arm at Paris, earning gasps from everyone. Paris ducked, stumbling away from Menelaus.

Menelaus advanced towards Paris, biting his lip and earning a threat from Helen while she was being held by Briseis. Paris had grabbed a chair at this point, holding it in front of him, though Agamemnon was already behind him, causing the pretty boy to be caught in between to very angry brothers. Menelaus' jaw clenched, extending his arm out to grab the chair and -

"Atrides brothers, detention!" came a voice, cutting through Menelaus' death threats and the cheers of surrounding students.

"Mrs. Dite, I can explain -" Menelaus started as Paris stepped aside.

"Detention. You and your brother. Today." Mrs. Dite put her hands on her hips, her eyebrows raising. Agamemnon sighed, rolling his eyes behind her back.

Achilles opened his chip bag. "You heard that she's cheating on her husband with the gym teacher?"

Patroclus glared at Achilles. "Is now the time?"

"Alright, alright. I mean, I can see why. She's hot so," Achilles shrugged. Patroclus grabbed a chip from the bag.

"She's only helping Paris because his dad gives huge donations to the school. Hey, give me another chip," Patroclus said, holding out his hand and watching Mrs. Dite walk off, leaving Menelaus yelling out curses to a Paris who was already walking away.

Achilles handed the bag over to the bruntte. "You know this is why people think we're a couple."

"Shut up," Patroclus tried to hide his blush. Achilles smiled.

"Ah, you love me and my douchebag-ness."

"Unfortunately."

___________________________
a/n : so far all of these chapters have been pre-written and i'm just randomly punishing them. after the next chapter, updates could possibly be a lil slower but that by no means means that i'm losing interest in this story. i love love love you all who comment (i live  for comments abt my greek children) and vote, you're all incredibly sweet.

- ash