"Yeah, I know." I say and turn back to the maze. It is another thirteen minutes before anyone of the four champions return, and when they do... it isn't what I had hoped for. When Harry and Cedric land in the middle of the clearing and the music starts playing up again, the overwhelming feeling of death immediately fills my senses and I cover my mouth as to not let anyone hear me gasp in alarm. I immediately run down to the clearing to where Harry lays crying, holding the dead body of Cedric. I let out a sob and collapse beside him, taking one of Cerdric's hands. And only then do the others begin to realize what happened. I hear a scream, Fleur, and feel her fall down beside me, crying into my shoulder. And I hold her, unsure of what else to do. What else can I do? I sit there as Cedric's dad runs out to where he lay and begins to cry uncontrollably. And it reminds me of Hermes, and how he must have felt when Luke died. And a few tears begin rolling down my cheeks as well before I realize and wipe them away furiously. No. I won't cry. I won't...

After a minute of struggling Harry is dragged away by Moody, and I watch them disappear from my sight, back to the castle. And just before they completely fade away, I see Moody flick his tongue around quickly, like a snake, and somehow... it feels familiar-

Oh gods.

I quickly whip my head up and spot Victor standing with his school, tears in his eyes. I sniffle as I get up and carry the still crying Fleur in my arms as I run over to him. I gently hand her to him, who in turn looks at me weirdly as I run off in search to find a teacher, or an experienced wizard, anybody. And by some miracle, I spot my brother. Good old Sevy. I sprint over to him and grab the arm of his robes, dragging him along behind me.

"Nico, what do you think you're doing?" He exclaims in surprise as I pull him over to where Dumbledore and McGonagall are standing.

"We don't have much time, Harry's in trouble! I know this is hard to believe, but Moody isn't the real guy. I can guarantee you that he is in fact, Barter Crouch Jr. Please you have to believe me!" I explain all in one breath and stare crazily at Dumbledore who despite the current situation, appears to be rather calm. He turns to Snape with a somewhat thoughtful expression on his face.

"Do you trust your brethren, Severus?" He asks Sevy who turns to look at me seriously, trying to search for any hints that I might be lying.

"I believe him." He finally says and I sigh with relief.

"Then lead the way." Dumbledore announces and I nod politely before running off back towards the castle, the three teachers following at my heels. We run through the forest and back into the castle. my legs feel as if they are on fire, but I do not dare stop. I know that if i take a break it will be difficult for me to continue. No, stopping definitely isn't an option. The uneven sounds of our feet pounding on the floor echoes and mixes with the pounding in my head. And then I see them, we turn a corner just quick enough to see Moody's figure disappear behind a door. Thanks to my sensitive hearing I even hear the click of a lock. I roll my eyes at the petty form of "protection" that the fake Moody created, as if that could keep anyone out. 

"έρχονται εμπρός, σύντροφος μου" I say and just as expected, my hellhound jumps out of a shadow on the wall and begins to run in front of me, seemingly knowing what to do. I smirk at the others' (minus Sevy) faces as he barrels through the heavy wooden door. The imposter, which is in fact Barty Crouch Jr. doesn't even have the time to react because before he even realizes whats going on, my dog has him pinned down on the floor. Once Dumbledore, Snape and I have thrown Crouch into a chair, he barks playfully and jumps onto me, knocking me on my back. Despite the situation I can't help but chuckle at his antics. I slide out from underneath his big paw and scratch his ears. I do not pay much attention until they have freed the real Moody, when I throw my dog a bone as a reward and slowly stand up to face the criminal. I give him the scariest look I can muster, which has even Dumbledore and McGonagall shaking a bit, and I speak in a deadly calm voice.

I glare into Crouch's eyes and he widens them in fear. "Well that must have been quite fun for you, wasn't it?" I laugh humorously and point my sword at his throat, glaring at Severus when he attempts to stop me. "So, Moody, you've taught illegal spells to students, turned one of my friends into a ferret and killed the other. And what are you going to do know?" I say, pressing my sword just a bit harder into his throat. A small trail of blood leaks out. I lower my sword and sheath it again before turning to leave. "Do what you wish with him, he is nothing to me." I say but just as I step out the door, the git actually has the nerve to speak again. 

"He's been watching you, devil spawn." He says with the smile of a madman. "He's going to come after you, just you wait."

I slowly turn around and glance around, looking at the other wizards in the room, including Harry, as they wait for my response. Finally I stare directly at Barty Crouch Jr; the man who ruined my peaceful year away from monsters and gods and wars, and speak confidently.

"Let him come. I am ready... I'm not afraid."

I turn away from them once again and leave the room, my faithful companion following close behind, completely unaware of the tragedy happening all throughout the wizarding world.