After the Fight (Marc POV)

"Faythe... Please wake up, mi vida. Come on. Open your eyes..."
I knew she could hear me but when she blinked she wasn't seeing anything, that was not a surprise with how hard Dean hit her in the head. The air tasted like blood. Voices were everywhere but I am only focused on her. Talking. Arguing. Shouting. Someone was laughing. Karen was sobbing and Jace was whispering. He was reassuring her with words I wasn't paying attention to but I knew she didn't believe them. Faythe wouldn't either if she was awake.
"That's it, nena. Wake up."
Faythe blinked again and she was able to keep her eyes open this time as my face came into focus for her. She gasped, and breathing hurt so she tried to stop but that only hurt her too. I could hear her heart beating, pumping agony through her abused body.
Faythe's nose felt swollen, and hot, and...smashed. She tried to sit up but I put one gentle hand on her shoulder.
"Whoa, not yet. Give it a minute."
All I could smell was blood, most of it Faythe's, not counting the blood on me from Dean when I tackled him before he could kick in her face. "Nooooo...." She moaned letting out a breath and tears burned in her eyes. Then scalded her cheeks when they fell.
"Shhh, it's okay, cari. It's gonna be fine."
"It's not." She sobbed, choking on blood, and tears, and bitter pain and grief. "It's not ever gonna be okay again."
"Oh, sure it will. I know how to make her feel all better..." Colin Dean said from somewhere over Faythe, already laughing again.
"Take one more step and I'll kill you," I said, talking to Dean, though my gaze never left Faythe.