12th Night: Mistletoe and Rage

Lucy's POV:

"Okay, Lucy. Here it goes. Don't screw this up," I murmur to myself.

"Would you hurry up and just do it already?" I heard someone grumble. "Come on!"

I sighed stepping forward, "Three...two...one-"

"Hooray!!!" I hear the guild burst into whoops and hollers around me, as I open my eyes to see the entire guild hall gleaming with the hues of golden yellows, greens, and burgundies dancing across the shimmering snow like glass.

I sigh in relief. It worked. Fairy Tail, the guild full of the most talented wizards and mages, had gotten all their tediously elaborate Christmas decorations up.
However Gajeel still has Levy on his shoulders from helping her place the star on the tree.
Mavis giggles as she watches a blushing Juvia trying to get a Santa outfit on a reluctant- AH MY EYES! >.< - a very reluctant very nude Gray. Elfman is probably saying something about Gray being a man while Evergreen looks like she turned herself into stone. On the other- less scandalous- side of the room Max is dancing with his broom, Cana is trying to get the Christmas tree to dance with her, and Macao was so drunk that he almost made the fatal mistake of falling into Erza's strawberry cake. I giggled from outside at my friends making merry and complete bakas out of themselves.

From the corner of my eyes, I see Mirajane stealthily weaving around the crowd in the shadows holding something.
She's been this way lately. Always making weird remarks about these "ships" of hers called "Jerza, GaLe, RoWen, LoRies, Elfgreen," and most specifically "NaLu." Although from the way she speaks about them, I assume they're some pervy romance novels that she's reading.
Then I pale as I catch a glimpse of what she is holding as she pins one above the doorway- Mistletoe. Why would we ever need mistletoe?! We're all just colleagues for Mavis's sake!

I set down the lacrima that had made shimmering fireflies dance on the snow-covered ground from the liggt of the guild's decoratiom. I suddenly stiffen as I feel someone wraps their arms around me, and pulls me into a warm embrace. "See, Luce?"

I loosen up a bit recognizing the voice and shift myself to find the pink-haired dragon slayer giving me that toothy, heart-throbbing smile of his. "I told you we'd finish by tonight."

I give him a closed smile, "Merry Christmas, Natsu." Watching our nakama inside from the window, I allow myself to lean into his muscular arms- uh...f-for the Holiday's sake! I mean- it's just that he is really warm and the temperature is cold enough to even make Gray where a scarf this winter. That's all...no other reason for why I'd like to snuggle with the pervy pink pyro.

Unfortunately, that doesn't last too long. He quickly leaps towards to the door and exclaims, "Oi! Lucy, let's get inside, before Frosty gets his crusty fingers on all my food!" I feel a bead of sweat fall from my forehead as his onx, hazel eyes gleam like a wolf's about to devour his pray while licking his chops. Whatever was I expecting?

Just as Natsu practically drags me through the door, the silver bells placed on the door handle chime and everyone stops what they are doing to gawk at something above us.

"W-what?" he asks and then pales. "Please tell me I didn't just ruin Erza's cake."

I stop breathing as I remember where I had seen Mira hang up her decorations a couple minutes ago. This isn't happening- not again!

Mira crosses her arms with a devil's all-knowing smirk. Please don't say it. Please don't say. She doesn't say anything, but simply points her hand up to the mistletoe above Natsu and I.

I am too concentrated on controlling the fire in my cheeks (A/N: ...I realized it as soon as I wrote it...too many nalu lemkns Dx) to notice Natsu slightly blushing as he finds the cursed plant of my doom. I am probably pinker than his spiky hair right now.