chapter 2

I was never really a fan of saying "Goodbye" because peterpan says "Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting" So it was rare for me to say that word.

The car drive wasnt that long, but the process of the airplane check takes FOREVER.

It was now 8:30 and the plane started to let people in.

When we finally got in, I took out my phone, headphones, and gifts to keep me distracted from my nervousness.

I hated plane rides. Honestly they are so boring and annoying.

The first gift I opened was Jamies. She gave me a necklace with a little silver heart charm at the end. I wear it. Next was from Louise , Joanna, and Katie. They got me 2 boxes. I opened the larger box an it had Nike Roshes the black ones i've wanted for a VERY long time. the second box was filled with my favorite treats like swedish fish, sour patch, arizona tea, hot fries, and jelly beans. Lastly, I open Izzy's she gave me a box and a card. i first open the card to find me reading :

Keira,
Damn, we've been through so much girl. I dont know how we survived. Why the frick do you have to leave. I know it wasnt your choice, but i'd miss you so much. Everytime I think of you know it makes me want to cry, but I know how you always think of the good times and I suddenly dont feel bad:) Keira. promise me one thing. You'll stay strong no matter what. and i any bitch hurts ou i got you. Just fly back to Cali and live with me.
Love you,
Izzy

I didnt noticed I was crying until my little sister, Rachel , looks at me and said, " Keira, It'll be okay!!" she says with the biggest smile on her face. I wipe away my tears , and smile back.

July 24

Its been a good 2 weeks here in North Carolina, except for the fact that I know NO ONE yet. It's been very busy because of unpaking and the movers losing some of our furniture and the poster that my friends gave me before i left. Im really mad about that and the fact that I havent exactly
talked to them as much since i left. I tried reaching out to them, but they never respond. We're all in the groupchat but they all seem to ignore me.

August 26

NONO TWO DAYS TILL SCHOOL STARTS GREAT. We finally got all out furniture , bu i myseriouslt still havent gotten my poster and my mom just went out to get groceries and school supplies.

So in the house was just Sienna., Rachel, and I . We were all watching our favorite show, America's Got Talent until the doorbell rang.

I got really scared because dads at work and mom just left to run for errands.

I quickly but quietly walk up to the door and open it.

"Hi um your new here right?" A boy around my age asks.

"Uh yeah! We moved a month ago though." I laugh.

"Yeah, I know, Well, Do would you like to carpool with to school? Your sisters can come too if they like. I have brothers. Oh and i live across the street so im not a stalker I just see you guys acasionally" He smiles at the end.

"Oh great! Im going to have to ask my
mom first, but shes not home right now. And i didnt catch your name?" i question.

"Brandon. Brandon Rowland" He says proudly.

"Keira. Keira Caldwell." I copied.

We both shook hands and he was called back into his house.