Of course she hadn't uprooted from one moment to another and left with nothing but a suitcase full of dreams, no, this had been planned by Sam for a long time. He paid for her small apartment near the university campus, he checked up on her twice a day and sent Emily to visit every month. Sam and Vi were still very much inseparable even if there was thousands of miles between them.

She might have missed her family like crazy but she sure did love her freedom.

Violet Uley pulled her thick grey jackets closer to her body, securing the black beanie on her head before walking towards the bodyguard at the door.

"Ms. Uley," Howard the bodyguard spoke up, smiling brightly at her. He looked menacing enough, towering over the petite girl in both width and length but he was actually a giant goofball.

"Hey Howie!" Vi smiled at him, stiffing a yawn that rose from that.

"You need a cab or are you walking home tonight Vi?" He asked her, pulling the double doors open and letting in the cool Washington air.

Vi thought back to her hefty tip money in her pocket and nodded, "cab please!"

Howie smirked back at the young adult, turning around and calling forward one of the yellow cabs waiting to pick up drunk idiots or tired workers.

"Have a safe night Vi!" Howie said to her as he held the door open for the girl to sprint into.

She nodded, "see you tomorrow Howie!"

He shut the door behind her, walking back into the club shortly after.

"Hendrix street please!" Vis' shivering voice called out to the driver who only nodded in response and drove down the darkening Seattle streets. Her fingers fumbling around to grab her phone and once again look at the 80 dollars in her purse, she just might have too invest in a fake ID if bartending paid so well.

"Kind of late for you to be out," the cab drivers voice slightly startled her. The money she was pulling out to give him dropping in her hand as she composed herself.

"Kind of young to be a cab driver," the brunette retorted. What was this guy? A cop? She was technically the legal age to be out, just not at a club but this guy needs to mind his own business.

The diver didn't turn his head, she sensed him smiling as the next words tumbled out of his mouth. "I'm guessing it's been a long week?"

Violet took her time to answer, confused as to why the guy spoke to her. Cab drivers never usually did unless it was to charge or ask them which way. This guy was slightly odd.

"Yeah," she said after her pause, pursing her lips and trying to catch his face. She could only see her profile, which was a pale face, handsome features, and a goofy smile.

Briefly her mind wandered why someone so hot was driving lousy people around when he could be modeling but she chose not to question. Instead, she went back to her bag and picking out 10 dollars, her cold fingers grasping the money.

If there was anything she wished she had gained from the supernatural it would have been the warmth wolves had, although the traits she did inherit came in handy.

"Just trying to make conversation Darling," he murmured to her. The grin that seemed to be permanent on his face did not disappear. It was beginning to make Violet wary.