I don’t want to ask her out.

Grow a pair you stupid fucker. When will you realize Rosie is useless? He shot back getting more aggravated. Honestly I’m just as worn out with these arguments about my mate.

I didn’t ask for your opinion.

I gave you one anyway stupid.

Will you please just shut up? I’m tired of the repetition. All you talk about is my mate this, and our mate that. It’s sickening.

It will be my pleasure to shut up Alpha. My wolf said. I can’t stand speaking to a huge jackass like you anyway.

Whose side are you on? You’re supposed to be backing me up. 

He scoffed. Backing you up? Please my mate’s wolf calls me, it haunts me every day and I will not stop until I have her. If that means destroying your little booty call with that witch.

You’re ridiculous!

Thank you.

I snapped out of my internal battle to see Seth and my mate watching me warily. “What?” I asked

“You had this really funny look on your face, and you were growling like you were crazy” Adelina said

“Oh, I was just thinking”

“And that was your thinking face. Hilarious”

“Oh shut it” I said, the corners of my mouth turning up.

“Baby” Rosie whined entering the room. I frown at her.

“What?” I asked, slightly agitated.

“I have surprise for you. Come to the room.”

I looked up at her and she was pouting which didn’t look attractive at all. I can’t believe I thought it was striking. She’s not as beautiful as Adelina. She doesn’t have half of the mystery and spontaneity Adelina has. Great now I’m comparing them. I looked to Adelina and her brows were furrowed and she wore a sad expression on her face. All I wanted to do was smooth out the worry lines and kiss away the sad countenance. Stupid mate connection. I can’t wait for her to leave, so I won’t have to worry about her anymore.

It won’t be that easy. My wolf taunted. Sometimes I wish I was a mortal, and the voices in my head would just die. Especially my wolf.

     Adelina’s POV

Overall the shopping trip had been a success. I had a fun time, I gained a new friend, and hearing Alpha Grayson growled menacingly at every guy who came my way was just a bonus. At least I know his heart isn’t made completely out of stone. He just left Seth and me in the living room to go enjoy his ‘surprise’ with his bitch. I don’t really know why I hate her so much, it’s not like she knows we’re mates. But I can’t help it; I hate very bone and muscle in her body.

Seth sat beside me quietly, playing with his fingers “So you wanna go for a run?”

“Sure that sounds like fun. I feel like letting the animal out”

“Yeah well let’s go before we both hear something we don’t want to hear” and I know he was referring to Alpha Grayson and Rosie.

“Are they always at it?” I asked

“It was much worse when they first started going out”

“Good to know” I said sadly. I felt my heart clench just thinking about him sleeping with someone else. “Well let’s go” I said walking out the door.