Chapter One

I look back into the butcher shop. And I lock the door. A single tear rolls down my cheek but I quickly push it away. I'm doing something for me.

I climb into the car and the ride to the airport is dead silent. They walk me to my terminal. Mom puts her hand on my shoulder. "I'm very proud of what you're doing, Amy," she says. "You're making the best decision for you and your son."

I look over to my dad. I can tell he's disappointed in me. "Good luck, Aims," he says. My parents pull my into a hug. I can't believe I'm really doing this. That this- my dream my whole life- is really happening.

As the lady checks my boarding pass, I turn around. I see my mom and dad, tears welling up in both of their eyes, and I realized they were in my eyes too. After all I've been through, I never expected to end up here. I suddenly remember the dates with Ben, holding John in my arms for the first time, cuddling with Ricky, and going to band school in New York for a summer, the place I'm going now.

My life is by no means perfect. But it's had its moments. And now I'm making a decision for me. This is for me and my son. Those are the two things I need focus on. I give one last wave and board the plane, walking away from my old life and stepping into a new one.

a/n!! hi guys! so this is my very first story on wattpad! I know this first chapter is super short, sorry. like many I was disappointed by the end of the show (I just finished it on Netflix) and decided to write more after the show. let me know if you like it, thanks!