The news stung. To think that despite her hard work, she was deprived of her goal simply because she was muggleborn. What would she have to do to prove that she belonged?! Well, at least it was nice to know that Dumbledore was on her side. It was also nice to have a concrete reason as to why she didn't get the position. Whoever said life was fair, right?

"Thanks Hagrid," Hermione said. "It's alright, really. Thanks for explaining things though. It helped a lot."

"No worries, Hermione," Hagrid said with a smile. They both looked at the clock. "I guess it's time for you to go to class huh?"

"Yeah," Hermione replied rising. "Thanks again Hagrid." She hugged him and left.

As she walked back towards the castle, she saw an owl flying towards her. It landed on her shoulder and held out a package. As soon as she untied it, the owl flew away. Curious, she untied the string on the wrapped package. As soon as she untied it however, the wrapping became undone by itself and rose in the air. Hermione was so startled she let go of the package, causing a box to fall to the ground. She was about to pick it up, when the wrapping in the air started talking, similar to a Howler.

"Hey Hermione!" the wrapping called out in what was unmistakably a Weasley twin's voice. The paper then ripped itself in two and both pieces started talking similar to how Fred and George themselves would talk.

"We heard – "

"The awful news –"

"Can't believe a Harrington became Head Girl instead of you."

"Madness, I say! Madness!" That brought a smile to Hermione's face.

"Don't worry about those old pricks in the Board – "

"You'll always be Head Girl to us!"

"And you know that we're the ones who really matter, right Gred?"

"That's right Forge."

"Since we can't be with you in your hour of need – "

"Because our business is booming – at least according to the ledger – "

"Thanks for that by the way."

"We love it!"

"Anyway, we decided to give you some of our love."

"Presenting..." At this point, the box on the ground started to open and various objects rose out of it.

"A Harrington voodoo doll." A small blond-haired doll floated to the forefront.

"It doesn't really work – "

"Because we know you're too nice to actually use it."

"So, instead, simply wind it up and it will bang its head repeatedly against the wall!"

"Blood will even gush out of its head if you let it go long enough – "

"Or just press the button if you can't wait."

"Our next item, is our Patented Daydream Charm – "

"Really has nothing to do with your situation – "

"But you can never have enough of those, especially in Binn's History class."

"Finally, the piece de resistance..."

"We present to you..."

"The Don't Look at Me Funny or I Will Smack You Upside the Head Pin!"

"We really should come up with a better name for that Forge."

"We really should."

"Sorry, Hermione, but you're the 1st person to try it – we still have to work on the marketing part."

"Anyway, to explain, simply attach the pin to your robes – "

"And anytime someone looks at you and thinks mean things or feels sorry for you, they'll – "

"Conveniently feel someone smacking them upside the head!"

"Brilliant isn't it?"

"We figured loads of stupid students must be staring at you now."

"This way, we can smack them upside the head even if we're not there!" Hermione's smile grew to a grin.

"Well, I think our work here is done."

"Hope you feel better 'Mione!"

With that, the wrapping disappeared in a puff of smoke. Hermione smiled again as she put the items back in the box. For the first time in weeks, she felt lighter. Harry, Ginny, Hagrid, Dumbledore, and now the twins – it was nice to know there were still people left who cared about her. With a wicked grin, she decided to put the Weasleys' pin on her uniform and make her way to class.

After an uneventful class, she was walking to the Great Hall for lunch when she was suddenly grabbed and pulled into an abandoned classroom. Whoever it was promptly locked the door and cast a silencing spell once Hermione was inside.

"Let me go!" Hermione screamed turning to face the person only to find it was Ron. "Don't you dare touch me!" she said wrenching her arm from his grasp. "I can't believe you have the gall – "

"Hermione," Ron interrupted with his palms up in a gesture of surrender. "I didn't pull you in here to fight. Listen, I just want – ". He paused. "I just want to say that... that I'm breaking up with you."

Hermione simply looked at him for a moment. Then she burst out laughing. Ron started to relax when her tone turned cold.

"You are breaking up with me?" Hermione asked in a sardonic voice.

"Listen, I know you saw us and you're upset but I just want to make sure we're all on the same page. I, well, I just wanted to make sure you weren't going to tell anyone and that –"

"Don't you dare patronize me Ronald! You want closure? You want to officially be able to go out with Genevieve? Fine! Here's your bloody closure! It's over – I'm breaking up with you because I fucking hate you and I never want to speak to you again!" With that, she turned around and reached for the doorknob. Just before turning it, she turned back to Ron and with a mocking tone she added, "Oh and don't worry about your reputation. I won't tell anyone how horrid you both are because unlike you, I don't go around trying to ruin other people's lives!"

As usual, Ron simply stood there open mouthed as Hermione walked out and slammed the door.