"Thanks Gin," Hermione said, laughing for the first time since everything fell apart. "You always know what to say. But no, like I said, Genevieve worked hard for the position too."

"Alright," Ginny said reluctantly. She gave Hermione another hug and turned serious. "Are you sure you're alright though? We were so worried when you disappeared last night."

"I just needed some time alone," Hermione explained, hoping Ginny would let it go. "Thanks for calming Harry down though. I really appreciate it."

"I figured you needed some time for yourself. I'm here if you ever need to talk though," Ginny said. "As for handling Harry," Ginny winked. "Don't worry about it, handling Harry is my specialty."

"Eww Ginny!" Hermione said laughing. "I really didn't need to hear that."

Ginny laughed. "As much as I'd love to stay and chat, I have to get back to class. I've been 'in the washroom' long enough. Wouldn't want people to think I had diarrhea or something."

Hermione laughed again. "Thanks Gin."

"Anytime," Ginny said walking away.

Hermione sighed. At least one more person cared about her. That thought put a smile to her lips.

Since she had free period next, Hermione had quite a bit of time before she had to go to another class. It was a beautiful, sunny day after the previous night's storm so Hermione decided to walk outside and pay Hagrid a visit.

oOoOoOoO

"Hagrid?" Hermione called out, pushing the door to the hut open. Fang looked up at her from the fireplace. "Hey Fang, is Hagrid in?"

"Hermione?" Hagrid asked coming in through the door. He smiled when he spotted her. "I thought I heard your voice. I was in the back taking care of the skrewts. Take a seat."

"Would you like some tea?" Hagrid asked as Hermione made her way to a chair.

"Yes I would, thanks," Hermione answered.

"Now, how are ye?" Hagrid asked as he handed Hermione a cup and poured her some tea.

"I'm fine," she automatically replied.

"You don't look fine," Hagrid said matter-of-factly. Hermione was about to dispute this when he continued. "But I understand if you don't want to talk about it. Just know this 'Mione, I've known you long enough to know when something's not right."

"Thanks, Hagrid," Hermione said, relieved. She gave Hagrid a genuine smile.

Hagrid smiled back, then frowned. "'Tis a shame, it is. You should've gotten Head Girl. I dunno anyone, in this school or in the years before you, who deserved that more than you did. I know you may not want to talk about that but I had to give my two cents. I'll tell you what else. He may not seem like it to you just now but Dumbledore's a good man. It's just that, sometimes, there are some things he can't control. He had every intention of giving you Head Girl – I know that for a fact. Aside from your grades, you've done so much for this school and for the wizarding world. It's just the Board was part of the decision, too. You already know Lucius Malfoy is part of that, but there are other rich purebloods on there too. People who would rather die than honor a muggleborn. You can bet they were ecstatic when Genevieve came to the school. You got caught on a technicality. Despite Dumbledore pleading your case, the rules said that the decision would be made based on the OWLs and your performance in school. Even though you got the highest marks possible, Genevieve had taken one more course than you did and got high marks as well, which meant that technically, she did 'better' than you and thus should be head girl. I'm sorry Hermione."