Chapter 1: The Discovery

Start from the beginning

at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please

find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins September 1. We await your owl by no

later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall,

Deputy Headmistress.

She soon tilted my head at the letter. "Well it's says I'm accepted to a Wizard school." she said with questions flying through her head.

"Also what do they mean by they await my owl?" She said then she thought for a minute and looked to the Horned owl looking at me tilting its head. She then looked to it's other foot to see an extra piece of parchment attached to it. She then took a little pen of her's and wrote out the letter for a return.

Dear Professor Dumbledore,

I have received your letter. I will try to find all of my supplies, if I know where to start... I hope to get to meet you very soon.

Sincerely,

Ichigo Garcia

She smiled and rolled up the letter and tied it to the owl's foot. "Take this to Professor Dumbledore, okay?" Ichigo asked it as it tilted its head and soon flew out the window into the darkening skies. Ichigo turned to her parents with a tilt of her head.

"So I guess I'm magical?" She asked them as her mother thought for a moment.

"If I do recall I think my grandmother was a witch. I think I remember where we kept her things from when she was a child." Her mother said as she went to the drop ladder door that went up to the attic.

"There may be a few boxes that may help you dear." Her mother said leading Ichigo up to the attic

Ichigo in all her 11 years of life, was never allowed in the attic, her father said it was off limits until she became of age. She went up the ladder with a curiosity that would put any cat to shame. She looked around every box she could find until she found a trunk.

"Mother, is this it?" She asked as her mother walked over with a small flashlight.

"Ah yes, this was her secret trunk, she didn't let anyone look inside of it. All she left was this." Her mother said removing the key from her necklace.

"This was the key she left me. She told me to give it to my child, she somehow must've knew you would carry on her legacy." Her mother said with a smile that showed how proud she was of her daughter. She soon passed the key to Ichigo as the redhead took the key and studied the key.

The key had an ornate curved handle with a simple base and a groove with a complicated pattern for it's teeth. The trunk itself showed great age and beauty. The trunk was aging as the brown leather was peeling a bit in the back, but there was no water damage. The metal was in a beautiful form, it was curling around the trunk's lid and the body of the trunk. The lock was a simple lock as it was imbedded in the trunk as it looked as if the trunk was sealed for over a century.

Ichigo looked to the key in her hand and slowly and gently lead the key to its proper lock, as if it would disappear if she moved too quickly. She slowly inserted the key into the lock as she turned the key clockwise. She soon heard the lock click open as she saw some of the dust that was collecting on the chest, fall to the ground. Ichigo slowly, and carefully opened the lid of the trunk to peek inside. She gasped in awe as she looked inside.

Inside the trunk was a black cloak that seemed to be just her size, a stick that seemed to be a wand from what she guessed. She then looked to find a bunch of old books, a scarf that was the colors of blue and bronze. She soon looked deeper to find another key with a little slip of paper attached to it. She looked to find the numbers, 433. Ichigo stashed the key away in her pocket as she looked over the rest of the items in the trunk. Ichigo then found a small letter.

'What's with all the letters today?' She thought as she opened the letter carefully.

Dear to whoever find this,

It seems you have found the way into my trunk, huh? Well, you just unlocked a grand Garcia secret~ You see the Garcia family is magical. I myself was a witch. I soon married a wonderful man, he was a muggle(A Non-magical human). We had a beautiful daughter. She turned out to be a Half-blood. She soon married a nice fellow, who was a Half-blood as well. What Luck, It seems that they had my granddaughter who didn't get any magic whatsoever. She was beautiful even if she didn't show the magical trait, I knew she had it somewhere deep inside her. She married a Muggle. Before I was sent to my death bed I heard that she was carrying a child. I was so happy, I hoped that the child would carry the magical legacy. If that child is reading this, bless you, make your family proud. I do hope you get to Hogwarts and become a great Wizard/Witch. I will be watching over to make sure you have a great future.

Sincerely,

Maria Garcia

Ichigo smiled as she carefully put the letter away. She saw most of the books in the trunk until she heard a small little scratching sound. She looked up to the window to see the owl was back! She quickly opened the window to let the owl in as it flew and rested on a coat rack in the attic. Ichigo soon saw a little note attached to his foot. She grabbed the note as she opened it to find a reply letter and another rolled up letter.

'So many letters!' She thought with a giggle as she went to read the reply letter.

Dear Ms. Garcia,

I'll glad to get such a quick reply from you. I sent you two items that you will need. I have sent you a list of items you will need for your first year at Hogwarts, and a map crafted for you to get to Diagan Alley. I hope you will enjoy your first year at Hogwarts.

Sincerely,

Professor Dumbledore.

Ichigo smiled as she put the letter away with the one from her Great-Grandmother. She then took the two other piece of paper from the owl as she looked to find a map and a list. Looks like she was going to go shopping soon.