My Jersey, Not His

Alyssa smacked her lips together after applying her matte lip cream over her lips. She looked in the mirror in her dressing room, analyzing every detail of her face and hair to make sure she looked good for the camera. NYX Cosmetics was going to take a few pictures and do a little interview in preparation for their NYX FACE Awards event coming up.

For NYX, it's a huge event. For Alyssa, it's kind of just any other beauty event in her book. She's excited that she gets to be around the Beauty Gurus & other fantastic artists she's watched/seen all in one place. Plus, it's a way to commemorate the art and talent these people have.

She was pulled out of her thoughts when her manager, Stacey, came knocking on her door. Stacey smiled softly, her eyes widening.

"Aw, you look amazing girl! Are you ready? They're ready whenever you are." Alyssa smiled. She's tired as fuck, but she pushes it aside to be camera ready. 

"Cool. I'm good to go." She said standing up and dusting off her outfit. She walks alongside Stacey down to the studio, where she's welcomed by huge set lights, a white backdrop and a ton of people.

Shit. Time to do some work.

Don't get her wrong. She loves what she does. But she's waiting for something new to spice up her life. Something new to talk about. Be about. Ponder about. Just, everything. 

Lately things have been feeling like a simple day-to-day routine. Get up, do some work, take a break, edit some videos, take another break, do more work, sleep. 

Sheesh.

But besides all that, she lets out a relieving sigh and decides to just have fun in front of the camera. It is fun being in front of a camera man, especially when they're telling you to "just be you." Alyssa poses a couple of times and laughs a couple of times at how extra she's being in front of the camera. 

As long as they get these candids, then everything's all good. 

"Beautiful, beautiful. Super natural, I am in love." The camera man says after the shoot is over. She nods, letting him know that she appreciates the love. She then makes her way over to the next backdrop.

Purple in color. Black couch sitting right in front of it. Camera up front and center.

"Hey Alyssa, I'm Jessica. I work with NYX and I'm just gonna do a quick, informal interview with you, ok?"

"Sounds good." They sit on the couch.

"And I promise, it's a very relaxed situation so I don't want you to feel intimidated or that you're getting interrogated." Jessica laughs.

"No worries. I get the interrogation enough from my mom so I think I'm ready for anything." A couple more ha-ha's and then the interview starts. 

Okay, Jessica doesn't lie. The interview is very informal. She asks Alyssa to tell the camera a little bit about herself and her channel/blog then asks questions about her life nowadays and what the future is looking like.

And with the utmost honesty, Alyssa responds with an "I don't know." Because she doesn't. Sure, she'll keep doing her videos. She'll keep posting up her outfits on her blog. She'll keep everyone updated with her life on Twitter and IG. Maybe Snapchat if you're lucky. But half of her still wants to pursue that dream of becoming a full-time nurse.

Straight out of school, she studied her ass off for the NCLEX and passed on her first time. Which was good, cause she didn't bust her ass off in a 4 year nursing school for no reason. 

Lord, she remembers the times she had to put her videos and blogs on hold a couple of times just to buckle down and study. Then as things started to ease up, she found her balance between nursing school and doing the things she does now.