Chapter 8: A Final Battle

Start from the beginning

As we walked away, Will looked at Elizabeth, "King?"

"Of the Brethren Court.  Courtesy of Jack." Elizabeth explained.

"Maybe he really does know what he's doing." Will commented.

Back on the ship, Elizabeth walked up to Barbossa and I, "We'll use the Black Pearl as a flagship to lead the attack."

"Will we, now?" Barbossa asked and look over to where Calypso was being led up on deck.

"Barbossa, you can't release her." Will says as to pirates grab him.

"We have to give Jack a chance." Elizabeth was also held back.

"Apologies, your majesty!  Too long me fate has not been in my own hands..." Barbossa yanked the piece of eight from Elizabeth's neck, "No longer."

He dropped it and Jack's into the bowl with the others, that Pintel held infront of Calypso.

"Be there some sort of rite or incantation?" Gibbs inquired.

Barbossa nodded, "Aye.  Items to be brought together...done.  Items to be burned.  And someone must speak the words, "Calypso, I release ye from yer human bonds."

"That's it?" Pintel looked surprised.

"It was said it must be spoken as if to a lover." Barbossa said.

The crew laughed and nudged each other.

Barbossa then precedes to yell, "Calypso, I release you from your human bonds."

Elizabeth whispered to me, "Does he talk to you that way?"

I shook my head as Barbossa tried to light the items in the bowl, but nothing happened.

"Is that it?" Pintel asked.

"You didn't say it right.  You have to say it right." Ragetti spoke up, but Barbossa just looked at him, so he whispered to Calypso, "I release you from your human bonds."

The items in the bowl lit up.

Will leaned forward, "Tia Dalma." she didn't respond, "Calypso." she jerked her head around and the bowl fell, he continued, "When the Brethren Court first imprisoned you, who was it that told them how?  Who was it that betrayed you?"

"Name him!" Calypso said through gritted teeth.

"Davy Jones." Will said.

 Calypso looked like she was going to cry, then she started getting taller.

"This is it!  This is it!" Pintel exclaimed.

Calypso finally stopped growing when she was as tall as the mainmast.

Barbossa got down on one knee, "Calypso, I come before you as a servant, humble and contrite.  I have fulfilled me vow, and now ask your favor.  Spare meself, me ship, me crew, but unleash your fury upon those who dare pretend themselves your masters, or mine."

She yelled some uninteligable words and turned into a swarm of crabs, knocking everyone over and dropping into the ocean.

Will got up and looked over the rail, "Was that it?"

"Why, she's no help at all.  What now?" Pintel asked.

"Nothing.  Our final hope has failed us." Barbossa sighed heavily.

"It's not over." Elizabeth said gravely.

"There's still a fight to be had." Will confirmed.

"We've an armada against us, and with the Dutchman, there's no chance." Gibbs shook his head.