Chapter Ten | Hot Greetings

Start from the beginning

"Then why did you do it?"

He stared at me for a long moment, then puffed out a breath and shook his head. "I don't know. I'm sorry, god, that was such a bad thing to do-"

I scoffed, my eyes a little wide with disbelief. "God, it wasn't that bad was it? Way to make a girl feel good, Officer."

"Can you stop calling me Officer? It's getting annoying."

"Oh, I'm sorry, but I'm just doing what you told me to do when you arrested me, Officer."

Flynn glared at me, his intense blue eyes trained directly at my grey ones. I didn't back down, I wouldn't. Looked like he wouldn't either.

"Why are you always so difficult to deal with?" He groaned, rubbing a hand over his face, and it hit me that how he looked, right that second, was how fathers quickly running out of patience looked at their teenage children that wouldn't stop acting out or talking back.

And didn't that get a girl worked up, the guy she was interested in treating her, yet again, like a freaking child.

"Maybe if you stopped making me feel like a fucking invalid four year old, I'd stop being a bitch!"

"Maybe if you stopped acting like a child, I wouldn't have to!"

I stared at Flynn for a long moment. He stared back, anger deeply set in his fiery blue orbs.

"You know what?" I shook my head and laughed bitterly. "If I'm a four year old, then you just sexually abused me. You know what that could do to your career-"

"Harlow!" He said loudly, then lowered his voice, conscience of Marley upstairs. "Look, I was just trying to say that I shouldn't have kissed you, alright?"

"Why?" I spat, hurt taking over my words for a few moments.

"Because I just...shouldn't have."

I opened my mouth to say something probably offensive and rude back, but Marley cut me off again.

"Harlow? Soap?"

"Yeah, I'll bring it up!" I shouted over my shoulder, then turned back to look at Flynn, who was starting to fidget in the entrance way, as if he really wanted to get out of the house.

Well, I wasn't going to try and stop him.

"Fine, whatever." I muttered. "You better leave now."

Flynn turned and looked at my face for a moment, and his expression turned slightly pained as he reached out and stepped towards me. "Harlo-"

"No," I stepped back, shaking my head as I realised I was way more hurt than I'd first anticipated. "You made your point clear. You should get out. Now."

He nodded, dropping his hand. "Okay."

Then, he turned, grabbed the door handle, pulled it open, and slipped out into the cold night. Before he shut it, he paused and turned to me. "If I catch you near the gang hangout again, you're going to be in so much trouble."

"Got it, officer." I muttered, and I swear I heard him mutter a 'fuck', before he was gone, the door clicking back into it's latch quietly as the whole house filled with silence.

Well, wasn't that an interesting experience. And god, what was that heavy feeling in my chest? I rubbed at it, frowning.

Then it hit me. That heavy feeling was hurt. It was pain, and the fact that I'd pretty much put it there was kind of like a fuck-you to my own feelings.

To let Flynn kiss my like that, then listen as he pretty much told me how he regretted it. I could just picture him now, driving around in his cruiser, kicking himself for doing what he did.

But why did he do it? That was why I was so confused. Who came to someone's house late at night to kiss them, then decide afterwards it was a bad idea? Idiots, that who.

Absolute idiots.

And I was one, for letting him get under my skin enough for his denial to hurt a little more than it should.

As I grabbed the soap out of one of the shopping bags I'd sat on the counter when I'd gotten home, I trudged up the stairs as an agreement with my inner self came to me.

I decided then and there that Flynn Morgan was not getting under my skin anymore. It was obvious he didn't want to be there as much as I didn't want him there, and so I was going to fix the problem for both of us. Firstly, I had to admit to myself that I actually did have feelings for him.

Then I had to squash them like a fucking bug.

As I rolled the soap box back and forth in one hand, I decided that from now on out, whenever Flynn was involved, it was going to be on strictly professional terms. And I wasn't planning on seeing him anytime soon, because I was going to stay out of trouble completely.

And there would be no more hot greetings, like that one either. Otherwise he'd lodge himself further into my pores, my heart, and that's when I knew I'd never be the winner in this situation.

I needed to find a boyfriend, or some sort of distraction, too. So I was going to pick Sophie up tomorrow night, and we were going out.

And Officer Morgan could kiss my ass, for all I cared.

* * * *

Sorry it's short! I tried to stretch this out, but I felt like this was a good ending, so enjoy! :)