Chapter 2 - I dont know, mother

His eyes sparked, they were like a kaleidoscope, and I saw the curls in his hair. He started singing, and it was like I was in a trance, I couldn't get out of it. "Come with me! Come with me my love! For I am the king of the Universe! I love to hear you sing, please!." I took his hand in a daze and I was walking with him in a stined hallway with lighted candles. He brings me in a room and closes the dungeon door. "Do you like to dance?" I stuttered and said "yes I do...". So with a gentle clasp of the hand he takes me whirling around the room, we go around and around in circles. Then he whispers, " Dont forget your mask." "What mask?" "Shhhh"

My alarm blares and I wake up. I but on a dress for school, because I like to be fancy and stylish. I see Mel and tell her the dream, if it even was one. "Why would he ask for a mask? And why was he wearing a mask anyways?" "Mel, there's a lot of things I don't know, and thats the biggest one of them all". Classes became useless as all I did was draw masks. I wondering what his name would be, I'd think it would be something proper like Peter, or Philip. He had a rich voice too, deep and clear. I reconized it but I couldn't exactly figure it out.

When school lets out, I tell mom about the dream. At first she was silent, then she sighed, "Have you been doing acid on the weekends or something?" "No, only John Lennon does that" "Well, thats not regular to have a dream like that" "mom who cares, its a dream" "Now that I think of it, I do care, Joy. I will give you medicine when we get home." "No, im fine, I just wanna listen to records not be on sleeping pills" We get home and im exhausted from another day of boredom. I look ay my record player, and there's a brown paper sack on it, I open it, and it's a mask.

I drop it and feel my face if I was ok. Then I heard his voice calling me from the opposite side of the room. "You're not real. Let me be." I said. We started singing his poetry. He sang about loss, about suffering, about rising mountains and deep oceans. And this time I listened, and I was shocked, I knew who this person was! He was very gorgeous, but the news said he died 2 years ago in Paris. "Are you dead?" "That's up to you" "How am i-" "Beautiful girl, please come with me, I'd love to dance" I couldn't stand the mask on him, it bothered me so much. So I thought if I danced with him, I could slip it off. "Why yes mister phantom man" We walk to his open room with old checkered tiles on the floor and satin curtains. We start with the twirling, but as time went in we became much slower. Then he leaned me down over his arm, and then I took off his mask, and ran to the door and stayed there, I wss so frightened, I couldn't take a breath. "Uh...you? You?! I thought you were-' "Dead, well maybe I am. But someone sent me to you, now I must fulfil my purpose." "Jim? Is that your name?" "Jim Douglas Morrison at your service, Miss Robinson" He kissed my hand and took my arm, he led me back to a mirror. "Wait, will you see me?" I asked. "You forgot your mask" he said, and I akaken again.

Mom was cooking some type of eggs. And she began to talk. "You've been talking in your sleep, I've heard you. You aren't going to school today either, you are going to the doctor." "But I don't need one, im healthy as a horse." "Not all healthy horses talk to dead people" I was mad, a temper came up me. I wasn't letting them mess up my brain, I was perfectly fine.