Chapter 2

"Prince...i really don't know what to say" Connie texts Princeton back in shock of what he just told her. "Don't worry about it, forget I ever said what I just said...see you tomorrow." With that Prince stopped texting Connie and she went to sleep.

[That Weekend]

"Connie!!! Let's go before we wound up being late for the party. The boys will be here in a few minutes." I hear my sister Carrie say from the bottom of the stairs. I don't know if I should go or not. Now that I know how Prince feels, it's gonna be pretty awkward to be in his presence without looking a little uncomfortable around the crew. Imma just have to roll with it. *Doorbell rings* Omg the boys are here!! "Connie let's go!!" Cindy, Carrie, and Carmen yelled from downstairs. I walked down the stairs slowly, trying not to be obvious. Carmen opens the door and the boys walked in. I hugged each of them but sense and little different with hugging my best friend Prince.

[Party]

Music playing, people dancing...everything was going smooth. Probably the best party i've been too so far. The music slows down and everyone grabs a partner. Being in Roc's arm gave me comfort. I put my head on his shoulder and just went with the vibe. I looked up to see Prince dancing with Cindy. He looked up and our eyes met...i looked away cause i couldn't bare to stare at him. Last week and this week seems like it changed me and Prince. We're like two different people. Never in a million years I would've thought to be in this situation. "Babe, I have to use the restroom." I told Roc as I moved away from him and walked towards the back. I went to the restroom and looked in the mirror. My hands were shaking and i couldn't control my thoughts. Every possible thing about what I now know is running through my mind. I hope to God I'm not obvious. I walked out the bathroom and boom...bumped into Prince. "Omg Prince Im so sorry!!" I told him and i looked at him. "No, it's ok I should've been watching where I was going." "It's ok see ya" I said and walked away as fast as I could. "Wait!" Prince said as he grabbed my wrist. "Prince I don't wanna be caught talking to you in this dim hallway. I don't won't Roc thinking something else." I walked away again trying to avoid anymore conversation about what happened. He grabbed my wrist again. "Please, just hear me out. We've been best friends for a long time. You can't tell me you hadn't felt a different way about me this whole time though you're with Roc. Yes I'm with Cindy, she's a great person and girlfriend, but i've known you longer. I wan't you" His words were so sincere, and honest. His voice....I never thought about it. "Honestly, there was a time I thought about it. But you looked so happy with Cindy, til I didn't want to interfere. But Roc is an amazing boyfriend, and you are an amazing best friend. Pretend this never happened....Prince what are you doing???

[Prince POV]

She looks sooo beautiful standing there. I've been wanting to do this for a long time. Here's my chance..nobody's around. Here goes....

[Carrie]

*Prince kisses Carrie on the lips* "Prince wha....what was that all about??" "Im sorry, I had to do it. I've been wanting to kiss you for a long time. "I gotta go" With that I ran off back to that party. I can't believe he just kissed me. It wasn't that bad of a kiss but Roc is my boyfriend. Am I now feeling some type of way for Prince?? No...no.. i can't. I see Cindy standing in the corner, with a sad look on her face. That's not like her. "Cindy what's wrong??" I asked looking her straight in her eyes. "I don't feel good. My stomach hurts, and I'm just ready to go" I told the boys and we left.

[Cindy]

I can't wait to get home. Im feeling fine except that now my feelings are hurt. Yeah I see what kind of a bestfriend she is...thought nobody was around.....I can't believe this....I saw my own boyfriend kiss by best friend!!!