Chapter One

The wall was always there, yesterday, today, and tomorrow. It rose high up above, taller than the tallest buildings in Alderdeen. The walls where not tall enough to keep away the sun. In the wall there is a fairly large village, with a castle. The name of this place is called Alderdeen.

In that village there is a small boy, with extraordinary potential, but as of now he is but a small and young child. He is only beginning to see the world. HIs name is Will, Will Aiden.

Will woke up in a jolt, his eyes immediately flew towards the window. Outside, he could see the great gray wall that loomed up. Today was the day, today was the day he might be told he can become a hero. All the 12 year olds will go to the Defender's Tower to get their future predicted. The future teller, will determine what that person can do. Some people where able to get magic, or thats what the stories said. Everyone thought that the stories where fake, but Will thought they where real. In haste, Will put on his boots and threw on his clothes. His big brother, Arnold, was told he can shape metal, and was hired as a blacksmith. His older sister, Hope, was told she has a way with books, documents, and other paper things, so she was hired as a librarian.

Will ran down to the dining room growing excited at the smell of the food.

"Good morning" said will still half a sleep.

"Good morning Will!" chorused his family.

His mom had made him a special breakfast because today was a special day and he was going to the Telling. Well, thats what everyone called it, in reality The Telling didn't really have a official name. He gobbled down his breakfast which consisted of bacon (his favorite), scrambled eggs, some flat fried potato, and warm milk. With a hearty sigh he sat back. Looking outside he saw the sun slowly climbing into the sky.

He said "Oh! I'm going to be late. Got to get going!"

"Alright, and good luck Will!" Replied his family.

Will ran to the Defender's Tower from his home, hoping to pass by his best friend, Sarah. After he made it to the Tower, and scouting around looking for Sarah, he spotted her. He briskly walked to her, saying a few "Hi"'s here and there to some neighbors and friends. When they met Sarah started chatting away, something she did when she was nervous.

"Aren't you nervous Will? Huh? Oh well I am. I'm so scared! What if I--" chatted Sarah

"Sarah Sarah SARAH!!" yelled Will

"I'm so sorry I'm just really nervous about The Telling" said Sarah

Will reassured her, look all you have to do is answer the Teller's questions and you should be done unless he, or she does something else that nobody said anything about....."

The big gong sounded telling everyone that The Telling was about to begin. The guards flanked the kid's sides. in a chorus they asked,

"WHO ARE WE?!"

"We are the people of Alderdeen!"

"WHAT IS THE WALL FOR?!" the guards asked

The children replied "To protect us from the dangers of the outside!"

These questions and answers where drilled into everyone child living in Alderdeen. From the time they where born they where taught how to say that. Nobody really know what's was outside. People didn't try to see, although there is a occasional curious person that tries to see what is on the outside, they are usually get sent to jail. Will however was always fascinated with the wall for some reason. All the other kids reminded him that it was 'just a solid wall to protects us.'Will let out a shake breath, Ever so slowly the 12 year olds went in and out of the Tower. Some of the kids had come out emore handed, while others came out with little trinkets, some kids came out with a smile and others came out grim-faced. Looking straight forward, Will realized that he was the next one going inside the Tower. He was overcome with a wave of nervous panic.

"Will Aiden, Will Aiden please enter the Tower" said a tall woman.

With a shaky breath, he slowly walked into the Tower.

Hope you guys liked it! It might take a while for me to write more, because of other... stuff.

^_^ Have a nice day!