The Extortion Attempt

Alexis' P.O.V.

I watched as the rain hit the window, slowly trailing down. I traced the droplets with my finger, feeling the cool surface beneath my skin.

The car was eeriely quiet. I looked at the seats around me. Dad was tapping nervously on the steering wheel, anxiously looking at his graffitied surroundings. My eldest brother, David, was sitting beside Dad reading a book. He flipped the back cover as he turned the page,  to reveal the title: Year 12 Chemistry UK. Typical- and it was still a week until the beginning of school. 

My twin brother, George was snoring heavily beside me. His shaggy black hair was unkempt and kept being blown of his face whenever George exhaled. I giggled quietly. 

Matt, my younger brother, sat behind me. I could faintly hear music coming out of his iPod- probably Nirvana. I saw him crying over Kurt Cobain's suicide note on the computer the other day. It was quite amusing, especially since Matt hadn't even been born when Kurt was alive.

Then my two youngest brothers, Jesse and Zach -or JayZ as they desperately tried to get us to call them- were sleeping, their head on the others. It was rather cute. I took a picture of it on my phone as proof they could be quiet sometimes. But then Jesse snored, so scratch that last statement.

I leaned my head on the head support, and grabbed my laptop that sat beside me and began to write. I had a song idea, and I had to get it out. I hummed softly, trying to get a tune. When at last I had gotten it, I typed the notes in, and a few words above it.

Once I had run out of creative juice, I closed it and put my ear phones back in. I flicked through my playlist, and found who I wanted. I closed my eyes, and allowed Freddie Mercury to serenade me into sweet, sweet unconcious.

Ashton's P.O.V.

I watched as the rain hit the window, slowly trailing down. I traced the droplets with my finger, feeling the cool surface beneath my skin.

I groaned as I fell back onto my comfortable mattress. It was twelve o'clock in the afternoon, and I was so bored that I was trying to make myself fall back asleep. Unfortunately, my mind rebelled, having woken up only two hours ago.   

I looked around my room for something to do, until my eyes came across my acoustic guitar I got when I was 13. I had named her Clarissa, after the girl I had a crush on at the time, and four and a half years later, the name had stuck. I doubt I would have even remembered the human Clarissa if it weren't for my guitar. 

I picked her up and placed the strap around my neck. I moved my fingers across the fret board, caressing the strings. I played a few chords to warm up but not before playing the classic rift from Smoke On The Water. Lame, I know, but I had always and always will play it everytime I use my guitar. It was kind of like a ritual, and you don't mess with rituals. You just don't.

I played a few songs which had been stuck in my head- Paradise City and You Give Love A Bad Name, before I worked on a few of my own rifts. As I played, I silently thanked the callouses on the tips of my fingers. I remember when I first started playing, and had to work on getting the callouses. Because I was so addicted, my fingers were bruised for about a month and a half before I could play without pain. Mind you, my friend Cale had actually made his fingers bleed when he was little trying to get callouses. But he was only six or seven when he began playing, so his skin was still soft.

I ended the song, and began a new one. I soon had the jist of it, and before long I was jumping around the room being a "rockstar". I didn't notice the door had opened until I heard my little sister Kiara yell over my singing and playing, "Having fun?" 

Had it not been for the strap supporting my guitar, it would have fallen to the floor. I felt my face heat up in embarrassment. Immitating Mick Jagger in only smiley-face boxers isn't something to proud of. I could hear Kiara chuckling as my hands covered my tomato-coloured face. I peeked through my fingers.  "What do you want?"                                                                                                                          "Well, first I want you to know that I have that all video taped-" I groaned, "and I will put it on YouTube if you do not take me to the mall." she said. I looked up in shock. Kiara hated the mall, and I mean truely hated it. Last time we went, she would complain every five seconds. I'm not even exaggerating- it got to the stage where I was timing the silent intervals.  

"I broke my phone, and I need a new one." she explained. I nodded in understanding- her phone was her life. It wasn't even like she texted on it or anything, 'cause she was a bit of an introvert like myself. It was just the games that kept her interested. She played on her phone everywhere. In her bedroom, in my bedroom, when we were watching the telly, supposed to be doing homework, at the dinner table- everywhere. Suddenly a thought passed through my head.

"How did you break it?" It was her turn to look embarrassed. She looked at the floor and mumbled something. "Come again?" I asked. "It... it fell in the loo." she muttered. I started laughing. "You... you dropped it in the toilet?" I laughed between gasps. She nodded, blushing. I laughed harder until I felt a stitch in my side. I began to calm down, and was soon breathing normally again. I was still grinning though when I said, "I'll take you to the mall then. Just gimme a minute to get changed, yeah?" I asked. Kiara nodded and walked out my room.

I placed Clarissa on the stand and I opened my closet and grabbed some clothes, not really looking. I shimmied into my black semi-skinny jeans, which I held up with a belt. I buttoned up a red flannel shirt and rolled up the sleeves, and tied my red converses. I looked briefly in the mirror, and flattened my black hair. I gave myself a quick once-over and then walked out of my room, not bothering to pick up my discarded clothes.

I grabbed my cell phone, keys, wallet and bus card, and shoved them into my pocket, before I took an old bill envelope and wrote on the back,

Mum and Dad,

The kid and I have gone to the shopping mall. Will be back sometime before it gets too dark.

Love you.

I put my arm around Kiara's shoulder, locked the door and walked to the bus station.

                                              -----------------------------------------------

So... what do you think so far? Liking it? Hating it? 

I have written this TWICE, because i had it all perfect before but I forgot to save it and my computer magically deleted it while I was asleep. I was SO pissed. But oh well.

I should have an update up in the next few days, when I've actually... y'know... written it ;) But for now, you'll just have to wait! MWAHAHAHA!

So vote, or tell me what you like/hate. Also, if you see a mistake PLEASE TELL ME SO I CAN FIX IT!!!

Thankies!                                                                                                                                                Nat