"What did you do?"

"Its a long story. Something I really don't like to talk about." She looked at me with this look in her eyes. "Anyways... I got the money to pay for my tuition and started my internship with the pistons but as you know they wanted a man so my school sent me here to work with you guys. Now it's you're turn."

"Okay." I put my arm around her shoulders. "I'm from here obviously. My birthday is June 23rd. I have a younger half brother named ZeRico. My parents aren't to fond of each other which is a while story within itself. I take care of my mom- well took care of her. She has Rapid-cycling bipolar disorder, which is the worst to have. She currently is in Georgia with my grandmother who is also my brother's mom." Her head snapped in my direction.

"How?!" She looked at me with wide eyed.

I laughed.

"My dad fucked my grandma." She gasped.

"That is some scandalous ass shit."

"I know right." The wind blew really hard and Neriah stopped walking.

"Its getting to cold for you to be out here with no shirt on. You're going to take your hoodie back." I opened my mouth but she put a finger on my lips. "Hush. I don't wanna hear it." She took it off and handed it to me. I put it on and put my arm back around her. "Now finish talking." She put my arm back around her and I laughed.

"Well damn." She gave me a look.

"Okay, okay. I don't really have a great relationship with my mom even though I took care of her. When I played basketball in  highschool my mom had an episode and the government permanently took her license away. So I eventually had to grow up and do everything myself. I had to take myself to my own games. I taught myself how to drive from a YouTube video. My mom got sicker and sicker and she stopped coming to my games. I had to grow up fast. I had to learn my mom's signature, how to cook on my own, she stopped working so I worked up to four jobs at one point. Anyways, My coach back in school gave me a paper for a scouting event for the NBA that was coming here to Cleveland. I played so well the scout fought over me. But i ended up getting picked for the Spurs. I was on the team for a few weeks until they drafted me to the Cav's. Now I'm here with you out in the middle of nowhere." She laughed.

"What made you start playing basketball?"

"I watched Tim Duncan and Allen Iverson play, I had LeBron James and Magic Johnson posters on my wall. I was so inspired by their moves and how they carried themselves off the court it made me want to play. My father wasn't around when I was a kid so I looked up to them a lot for inspiration. What made you get into basketball?"

"My parents worked all the time so I'd follow Shyan everywhere. He's 7 years older than me so he'd play with the older boys and they'd show me how to play when I complained about being bored. It eventually grew on me I guess." I nodded.

"That's cool. But you're still not better than me though." She hit my chest.

"Yes I am. You're just a cheater thats all." I smiled. "Aye doesn't that look like a car up there?" She pointed in front of us.

"Yeah it does."

After walking for a little while longer we made it to the car.

"It doesn't look like its been here long." I pulled the handle on the drivers side dpor and it opened. "I don't see any keys."

I wonder why they left it here.

"I see why they left it. There's a flat tire on the right front side."

"We can drive on it for a while. But we gotta drive slow." I reached down under the steering wheel and pulled the wires down.

Blue and the red should do it.