"I'm okay with that," I mumble. Sergio waggles his finger at me, picking up his fork in the other hand.

"You're the one that doesn't care for your own birthday. That means I get to care about it enough for the both of us, and because of that you don't get to know until we get there."

His voice is laced with glee, and knowing.

Hayley joins us at the table now that her breakfast is finished. Her eyes dart between the two of us before she bursts out into a fit of laughter.

"You two act like a married couple already the way you're glaring at each other like that."

My mouth drops open at the same time Sergio's does.

"Married? Do you really think so?" He speaks before I can compose myself. Hayley winks my way. She better not say what I think she is.

"Yes I do. In fact I give you two by the end of the year before one of you proposes."

I compose myself quickly now, shutting my mouth to formulate a possible excuse to save myself from this. Then I see Sergio's face. I see the hope in his expression, the dream in his eyes and I realize something. There's a high chance Sergio Heron might actually want to marry me.

Out of curiosity I pull out my cellphone and pay a visit to Kay online. Hayley continues her teasing banter once she spots the cellphone in my hands. I shoot her a wink, and she smiles back in approval. My heart seems to skip a beat once images of myself and Sergio together flutter through my mind.

About an hour later Sergio and I sit curled in my bed, too content to attempt to move. Even so I feel his growing protest beside me when he continuously fidgets in bed. He doesn't want to stay like this all day. He made big plans for my birthday today, but he won't force me to participate. That's another thing that makes me love him a little more.

"When was this joyride scheduled for anyway?" I whisper into his ear. He lifts his head up lazily, eyebrows raised.

"Half an hour ago."

I hum in contemplation.

"Do you mind helping me pack my bag?"

He jerks up, a sudden energy injected into his being.

"Seriously?"

I go to my closet and retrieve a new set of clothes to pack inside my backpack. Sergio grabs my deodorant and a lighter off my desk.

"What? You didn't expect me to let your magnificent birthday planning go to waste now did you?"

Sergio grins wildly. He takes my bag from me and stuffs the two items in.

"I surely hoped not."

Less than twenty minutes later we're inside Sergio's Kia. He pulls out onto the crowded Atlanta highway, heading away from the city. I wonder where he's taking me outside the city. It's not long before I catch sight of the green sign marking the campground ahead. Sergio reaches out to take hold of my hand over the console. His eyes dart to the sign and he pulls off on the exit leading to it.

"Worth the wait?" He questions happily, further confirming my guess.

I look at the mass of foliage whirling past us. A bit of excitement builds from the bottom of my stomach. I always did like camping.

"How did you know I would like camping?"

Sergio opens his mouth, forehead pinching adorably as he speaks.