Chapter 22

” You missed me so much, Avery. I was wondering when you’ll get back. ” Alexis admits as she takes a sip of her strawberry milkshake.

We’re going to Eleanor’s flat, where her, Danielle and Perrie are waiting us. I didn’t talk about my kidnapping to Alexis. Well, not yet. I’ll tell her later. 

Tyler’s words keep turning and turning in my head. I knew he wasn’t a good guy. I knew that this guy would come between Alexis and I. But I can’t do anything. And it breaks my heart because I have to watch my best friend being with a possessive guy, and i’ll have to see him hurt her. I have to protect Alexis! But she won’t listen to me, and I don’t wanna fight with her anymore. I don’t wanna lose her. 

” I was just afraid that you’d still be angry against me… And how your relationship with Tyler is going? ” I ask her, looking at her quickly before turning my head back to the road. 

” To be honest, when I met him, he was the nicest guy in the world to me. But now that we live together, he’s getting increasingly possessive, and I don’t know what to do or think. ” 

I cough to clear my throat and try to find something to answer.

” Maybe you shouldn’t live together? Maybe it’s too early for that. ” I finally say.

” Yeah… but you lived with Niall for two weeks. Didn’t you fight? ” 

” Well, we had some fights. But fights are normal, you just need to know the limit.  Being jealous is normal, too. But there’s a limit to it. ”  I answer. 

She nods as I park the car in the parking lot. We walk to Eleanor’s flat and knock on her door.

” Hey girls! I was going to leave. I don’t wanna bother your girl night! ” Louis says as he hugs us. 

He walks away and we get in the apartment. El, Dani and Perrie jump in our arms.

” It’s been awhile! ” El exclaims. 

”Really! I’ll be right back! ” Alexis says as she walks to the bathroom with her bag.

We sit on the couch and pull a blanket on us while we wait Alexis.

” Did you tell her? ” Perrie whispers.

” No, but I will tonight. ” I whispers back.

” Hey! Louis and I bought a house! We’ll move there in a week! ” El informs us.

” Yay! ” We exclaim. 

” You’ll have to invite us! ” Danielle says.

” I will! ” Eleanor replies.

Then Alexis walks in the room, wearing a blue jeans and her old favorite shirt. I didn’t see her with that blue and white anchor’s pattern shirt since she’s with Tyler. She was always wearing black and full of dark makeup, but now, she don’t wear makeup at all.

” Alexis?! It’s you?! ” I jump in her arms and hug her, happy to see my old good best friend.

She laughs and pulls away.

” Yes, it’s me. ” We sits on the couch, under the blankets and she continues. ” To be honest, you were right: I changed for him. I pretended to be what i’m not. ” 

She looks down and I hold her hand.

” Hey, you don’t need to change for any guy. You’re perfect like you are, Alexis. 

She smiles and the girls agree with me.

” But I love Tyler, and he won’t love me if i’m not like him. ” Alexis says as her smile disappear. 

I didn’t notice how much she loves him.

” Why do you say that? ” Perrie asks.

” Because he likes gothic girls. ” She replies.

” Oh. ” We all say.

” Honey, if he can’t accept and love you like you are, then he don’t deserve you. ” Danielle says.

” She’s right! ” Eleanor, Perrie and I add.

” Well, I need a dyeing! ” Alexis laughs.

” Yes! I want you blonde back! ” I exclaim.

” What about tomorrow? ” Perrie suggests as she texts someone.

” Tomorrow’s perfect! ” Alexis answers.

” You have an appointment tomorrow at 9 a.m with my hairstylist! ” 

She smiles widely and we all lay on the couch comfortably. The girls looking at me wondering when I’ll tell Alexis about what happened.

” Alexis, you need to know something… ” 

” Yes? ” 

Next day 

We just get out of Perrie’s hairstylist’s salon.  It’s so good to see Alexis blonde and wearing bright colors! Alexis is happy, but she’s also nervous. Nervous because she doesn't know if Tyler will still love her. I just hope she won’t be heartbroken, I don’t want her to cry or suffer.

Last night, when I told her about my kidnapping, she cried. She was angry against herself because she told me to go. She blamed her, but it’s not her fault. It’s love’s fault. It’s incredible what we can do for love!