FOREVER DEAREST

Emma's heart raced as she rushed home, her mind fixated on the startling revelation that Alessio Moretti, the CEO of Moretti Enterprises and head of the Moretti family, was her mate. The weight of this new knowledge felt overwhelming, and she was both excited and terrified by the implications.

She fumbled with her keys, barely managing to unlock the front door as she practically tumbled inside. The house felt like a sanctuary, but today, it also seemed like a prison she wasn't sure she wanted to leave.

"Emily!" Emma called out, her voice tinged with urgency. She hurried to the living room, where she found Emily lounging on the couch, looking up with a mix of curiosity and concern.

"What's going on?" Emily asked, sensing something was off about Emma's demeanor.

Emma practically threw herself onto the couch next to Emily, her breath coming in short bursts. "You won't believe what happened. I ran into Alessio Moretti today. You know, the CEO and head of the Moretti family? Well, he's my mate."

Emily's eyes widened in surprise. "Alessio Moretti? That's... huge. How did that happen?"

Emma's hands were shaking slightly as she recounted the encounter. "I was at the cafe, waiting for a client. Alessio just showed up, and we started talking. During our conversation, my wolf recognized him as my mate. It was... overwhelming."

Emily could see the distress in Emma's eyes. "That sounds intense. Are you okay?"

Emma shook her head, her gaze drifting to the floor. "I don't know what to do. I'm scared of bumping into him again. I mean, he's such a big deal. I don't even know if I'm ready for this. I've decided I'm not leaving the house for a while. I don't want to run into him again until I figure things out."

Emily nodded, understanding Emma's fear. "It's completely normal to feel this way. It's a lot to process, especially with someone as influential as Alessio. You don't have to make any decisions right now. Take your time."

Emma nodded gratefully, feeling a bit of the tension ease with Emily's reassurance. "Thanks, Emily. I just needed to tell someone and get this off my chest. I feel like I'm in a whirlwind right now."

Emily reached out and gave Emma's hand a reassuring squeeze. "We'll get through this. I'm here for you, and we'll take things one step at a time. You don't have to face this alone."

Emma sighed, feeling some of the weight lift from her shoulders. As they sat together, the comfort of Emily's presence helped her start to process the enormity of the situation, even if she decided to stay inside for now.

As Alessio sat in his office, reviewing the day's events and contemplating the mysterious woman from the cafe, his wolf was restless. The wolf's voice, usually a quiet whisper in the back of his mind, was insistent today.

She knows. She's aware that you're her mate.

Alessio's brow furrowed in surprise. He had sensed something significant during their brief interaction at the cafe, but he hadn't expected her to recognize him as her mate so soon. He stood up from his desk, walking over to the large window that overlooked the city. The news stirred a mix of emotions within him—curiosity, concern, and a touch of anticipation.

Are you sure? Alessio asked his wolf, his mind racing with the implications.

She was startled, trying to hide her emotions. She's afraid and overwhelmed. She's chosen to stay away from you, for now.

Alessio nodded, understanding the situation better now. He knew the weight of his position and the impact it had on those around him. He also recognized the fear that such revelations could bring, especially to someone who had clearly been through a lot.