Chapter 15: Twisted

Mulai dari awal

"No!" I shout, the metal twisting in my hands. An electrical blast shoots from the bars and I yelp, jumping back.

Pierce tilts his head, "After you escaped the last demon king's prison, you would think I would have taken measures to make sure you don't escape?"

I growl from the back of my throat. Pierce tilts his head in thought, as if listening to a voice in his head. It gives a fake pout, "Awe. The demons were successfully defeated and Catelyn is unharmed from the attack..."

"Yes! Oh my beautiful daughter won the fight! Stay strong Catelyn!!" I think in hope.

Pierce slides his eyes to me, reading my hope like a book. He gives a sadistic smile, "Now. Now. Dearest runner."

I growl at the mention of the time old nickname.

"Your quite gorgeous daughter is still in danger. I'm afraid that someone with certain powers has a close eye on her. She already met them too! They have full control of my step-son and now are using him to get to her!"

My eye widen, did he get to Catelyn's master?

Pierce gives a fake gasp, "Oh no! Did I give too much? Such as the person who is most endangering your daughter is her master and the date of her master?! Oh my!" He pauses, "Poor thing, she was such a gorgeous girl too. I met her. She is quite feisty and protective over her master, kinda like you. Poor thing probably has her heart broken in two by now. Kinda how your mate and my brother, Ethan, broke your heart after you believed that he sold you to the Demon King. Except...." He pauses for dramatic effect. "Except that for Catelyn, it wouldn't be a spell that clouded her memories with the thought that he sold her out. Your daughter's master is actually selling her out."

I launch at the bars, trying to get to Pierce from the other side. "You bastard!! YOU F*CKING BASTARD!"

My dragon was raging inside of me, the tree shaped scar on my back exploded with a cold as my dragon transformation was forced onto me. I feel as my body starts to change.

Pierce takes a step back from my madden state. He smirks, "Now. Now. We are using you and your other pack mates as a lure and a trap for your gorgeous little, but powerful, daughter. Who knew she was the keeper of the next phoenix?"

I freeze, "What do you mean is the keeper of the next phoenix?" My tone goes cold.

Pierce raises an eyebrow playfully, "Oh you didn't hear? The prophecy that was given by the old sooth sayer said that the oldest child of a most powerful kingdom was either the keeper or IS the phoenix. Your daughter has failed the test given by our little demon heir spy. So, she must be the keeper. She just doesn't know it yet."

"No! No! She doesn't know anything!" I cry out, rattling the bars. My fear for my little girl rising. She truly doesn't know anything. My mother was the phoenix. It isn't possible for her to know anything! Especially since I haven't told her out my dark past.

Pierce smirks once again, "Don't worry. Your daughter will have Athena come to her aid. Too bad Athena will be under the influence of our poison and will lead little Catelyn right to us! That is unless that stupid witch Esmerelda figures out that Athena is poisoned and sends a reader of Demontica in. Sadly though, we have taken care of all the demontica readers."

Oh no... No. No. No!

"God it is fun to see hope enter your eyes and disappear." Pierce chuckles.

I collapse onto the floor, my body absorbing shock. My little girl... Catelyn... Oh Catelyn! What have I gotten you into?! A sob reaches me and my hand goes over my mouth as fear and sorrow mix with my tears. I burry my head into my knees and cry.

Pierce sighs, "Well... Now that I have finally gotten you to a state with no hope. I have to leave. My step-sons kingdom is currently in my hands without him knowing and I plan to keep it that way. Good-bye my sister-in-law."

With that, he walks out of the dungeon, slamming the door shut.

I gulp shaking and shivering as my sobs fill the quiet dungeon. The doors open and I see Ethan being pushed through and shoved into the dungeon cage across from me.

I hear my husband's grunt as he is thrown it. He hears me crying and connects with me, reading my thoughts and memories, "Hey. It will be okay." He says softly, reaching for me as the guards leave the dungeon.

I throw my head back and give a sad laugh, "She is turning eighteen so soon. She is supposed to find her mate. She has to make sure her master doesn't re-mark her. Plus all the stuff Pierce talked about like her being heart-broken, destroyed, trapped, and used for information, especially right after a huge attack. I-I-I—I just don't think she can make it!" I feel a new wave of tears explode onto me and I burry my face back into my knees. It was such a childish thing for me to do. To cry about my failure of raising her to be strong enough.

Ethan, my husband, sends me a wave of confidence through our mate bond. "Catelyn is strong. Very strong. She has your blood in her."

I give a sad chuckle, "And yours too... But I don't see how that helps."

"It helps for I know we are the most persistent, strong, determined, and stupidly protective people alive on this planet."

I give another sad laugh. "Ya... You are right. But we had each other.... And the pack. She doesn't have anyone."

Ethan scoffs, "Have you seen how close she is to Alex and Simon? She has the makings of a Queen running through her bones! She has her own pack, the pack she came with. Her master, from Pierce's telling, she is protective of. Even if she thinks she hates him, she does care about him. Kind of how you and I used to be a love/hate relationship. And we turned out alright."

My tears stop. I nod my head, "Ya... Ya... I guess you are right. I need to put more faith into her. I have never stopped believing in her. I won't do it now either! Stay strong Catelyn!"

yPu$?$