Chapter 14 - "You're changing..."

Start from the beginning

I nodded, gently placing a kiss on Lilith’s forehead and catching a small waft of her orange-blossom scent. My mind was already weighing the pros and cons of what I was going to do; my powers weren’t fully recovered after shielding the property from demonic entities.

“That’s because it’s not Ethan doing this. I have a feeling that Deidra isn’t the only unwanted guest here.” I confessed, walking out of the room with Leo close behind me. I saw his expression morph from confusion to understanding and rage.

“Deidra’s lover? The Demonic Prince? But how?”

“I don’t know the specifics but I do feel that something’s wrong with Ethan. His whole aura has changed and that’s not possible unless something serious, something life changing happens. The only other alternative is that something, or rather someone is using Ethan as a husk.”

Leo’s distraught expressions quickly made me reassure him, “He isn’t dead! But he’s locked away deep inside himself and is probably fighting over his own body. We need a way to give Ethan the upper hand so he can expel the demon inside of him.”

He took a few calming breaths as we walked down the hallway. “But how? We can’t go against his wishes and that…that woman isn’t making it any easier.” He spat out in disgust. My hair trickled over my face as I leaned my head forwards, thinking.

“I don’t know.” I confessed, feeling angry and helpless all at the same time. We rounded the corner to find most of the humans inside, and my eyes narrowed on Deidra as she was cornering Amelia, whom seemed terrified.

When I saw Deidra’s hand flashing up, I didn’t think, I acted. My body moved through the room in time to catch Deidra’s hand on the downswing, preventing the vile vampire to bitchslap Amelia across the cheek.

The poor girl was shaking, her back pressed against the wall as she slowly slid down. This stress wasn’t good for her baby… I then looked at Deidra and glared down at the vampire, who was giving me an equally disgusted look.

“Let go of me.” She hissed, yanking her hand out of my grip before she spun back to Amelia. “Get up and do your work, you miserable little human. Worthless.” She huffed as Amelia quickly ran off towards the kitchen, quickly followed by her boyfriend.

As she spun back around, I felt a sick feeling in my stomach. Things were going to change here and I didn’t know if it would end well.

For me.

---Ethan’s POV---

It felt like I was stuck in a cage, inside my body. I could barely move, I could barely breath and yet my body seemed fine. Every time I had started to struggle, fighting back against this crushing weight, it almost seemed as if more weight was piling up, there was more darkness to fight against.

“Oh shut up, will you? You’re giving me a headache.”

Flinching at the way my mouth formed words without me actually doing it, I felt anger bubbling in my chest. “This is my body, you have no right-“ I was cut off by a laugh, the scenery from outside moved as I walked away from the window and back towards the mirror.