Chapter 12 - Unexpected visitor

Start from the beginning

Dad’s mating bond was twisted and mangled but was still intact, so whatever his mind was saying, his body and instincts were yearning to be with his mate again. He was struggling to keep himself grounded while he stared at my mother, who had come to a halt behind Caitlin, the venomous anger and jealousy washing over me made me feel feint.

Dad must have sensed my hold loosening on his pants, because he looked down and quickly steadied me when I swayed on the spot. His jade eyes darted from my face towards his other half, scowling as he obviously read my mind. His anger didn’t help but I saw him flinch when he realized that too.

“Deidra, leave Caitlin alone. She’s an honored guest here and I will not tolerate your insults towards her.” He sighed and eyed me again before stepping away as he stated, “We’ll talk in my study. Alone.” He added when Leo wanted to interrupt him.

Leo frowned but nodded when he looked down at my pale form, instantly stepping closer when Deidra glanced over Caitlin’s shoulder towards me. A wicked gleam entered her eyes before her features turned blank, a victorious smirk stuck to his face.

She bumped against Caitlin’s shoulders roughly, pushing her to the side before she followed dad up the stairs while everyone around us stared after them in shock. Leo growled lowly in his throat before he looked at his sister.

“Her presence here brings everything we worked for at danger. What if her demonic lover follows her here?” Lilly nodded her head before tilting it to the side, tapping her chin for a second before jutting things of her hand. “We need to up security, check the perimeter more often and make sure that Lilith remains safe.”

Everyone looked at me with a worried gaze before Caitlin stepped up behind me. “She is safe. Trust me on that. Its you guys I’m worried about.” Her remark made me look up, her black hair flowing down elegantly while the blue strands illuminated her face brightly.

“What do you mean Caitlin? Why would the others be in danger because of my mother being here?” I asked in a hushed voice, still feeling weak from the amount of emotions that had swept over me in such a short timespan. Caitlin looked down at me with a cautious smile before sighing.

“I fear she didn’t come here on her own accord. I think her lover is behind this but for what, I can’t say. All I know is that she’ll try to squeeze our secrets out of us one by one. I’ll do my best to protect you guys but Ethan will be the hardest; he still has the bond with her.”

Leo looked at her with a grave expression, the stress and worry pouring off of him rather strongly before he nodded slightly, pushing past the others so he could get outside, probably to shift and scan our lands for any trespassers.

I looked up at Caitlin and stretched my arms out, feeling somewhat happy that she instantly picked me up and pulled a strand of loose hair out of my face to tug it behind my ear.

“How re you going to protect the others Caitlin? If you give them a feather like you did with me, my mother will know for sure what you are.” She frowned, thinking about it for a moment while I saw Devon standing close to his girlfriend, a worried expression on his face.