Chapter 16

Exams are really getting me down! Sorry for the lateish update! *Not edited*

............................................................................................................................................

Recap (Maisie’s POV)

“Well then” I started. I didn’t know how I was acting so calm. I turned to Carrie who was looking like she just won the lottery “You’ve got what you want so leave me alone” I looked at Logan one last time “Goodbye Logan”

I walked out the room, the house and ran into the woods. I couldn’t take the pain any longer as I burst into my wolf and let out the howl that I was burning to get out.

I was alone again.

Chapter 16

(Maisie’s POV)

My howl finally ran out so I slumped to the floor in defeat. My heart was burning at the moment and my wolf would not stop howling in my head.

I shifted back without even realising and curled up into a ball. Tears streamed down my face as I buried my head between my arms.

I didn’t even have the energy to lift my head when I felt two presences behind me. I didn’t even flinch when I felt a hand on my shoulder because everything just felt numb.

“Oh honey” I heard a female voice say. I sniffed and realised that it was Jasmine and Jayden here with me.

I felt arms go round me and pull me into their arms. “Jayden, give me your t-shirt” Jasmine say.

That was when I realised that I was butt naked. “Lift your arms babe. Its okay, Jayden has turned around”

I lifted my arms in the air and let Jasmine pull the t-shirt over my head “Thanks” I mumbled

“God that was a shocker” Jayden mumbled as he paced in front of me

I flinched in Jasmine’s arms which made her glare at Jayden. “Things will work out pumpkin, I promise” she kissed my forehead

“What did I tell you about calling me Pumpkin” I mumbled with a small smile on my face.

I could feel Jasmine laughing as her chest vibrated “Sorry” she chuckled

“Guys, I know you mean well but could you leave me alone for a few minutes. I just need time to think” I finally looked up at Jasmine and Jayden.

They both nodded with understanding. Jasmine gave me one last hug and stood up “Okay but don’t stay out here too long. Be back before it gets dark”

“yes mom” I rolled my eyes

They both laughed and left me by myself. I crawled over to a tree and leant against it. I curled myself back into a ball as there was a slight breeze up making it a little cold.

I didn’t know what I was going to do. My wolf pined for Logan but my human side is hurt and broken. The thought of him having a child with another woman actually makes me feel slightly sick.

I only just got over the idea that I could be Queen in a few years but that dream has been shattered now. Carrie will take over that position and they’ll live happily ever after with their heir, their child.

A whimper left my lips when the image came into my mind. All I could see was me standing on the outside, looking in at the life I could’ve had. The life I was supposed to have.

 My head whipped to the side when I heard a small noise come from somewhere in the woods. It was still light so I had a good view of everything around me.