Origin

"We could choose your ring together when you get back." The boy told the girl as they walk towards the airship.

The girl, who was sporting long pigtails, laughed which made the boy blush like a tomato. "I'll be back before you know it." Without another word, the boy closed in their distance in a tight embrace. "I'd give anything to go with you, Frey."

"Oh, Lest. I'll just deliver these. Besides, you can't leave now."

Lest pouted, which gave Frey another reason to laugh.

"Fine. Take care, okay?" Lest told Frey as he stopped hugging her. Frey smiled and walked up the airship.

As the airship was taking off, she took one last look at her fiancé.

"Come back to me, okay?" Lest screamed, not caring about all the looks that he got form bystanders.

Blushing like crazy, Frey smiled and waved. Not risking saying anything as she might change her mind and just stay with him.

[Frey]

"Goodness, I'm so high up!" I should've brought Lest with me, but it's not like we could both leave right now anyways. Still, it's been far too long since we've been away from each other.

This ship is heading to the town of Selphia. That town is famous for its "god". And I am now trying to deliver this gift to her.

"I don't have much time ... Excuse me, how close are we to Selphia?"

"Oh, we're almost there. Are you settin' out to do a bit o' sightseeing?" The captain answered.

"Y-yes ... Something like that." I answered, managing a weak smile.

"It's a real nice town. Beautiful scenery, an' got a great atmosphere. You can feel the protection o' the god when you're standin' on them roads. You'll enjoy your stay for sure."

"... I hope so. " Somehow, this joyful captain's speech about Selphia had me thinking of Lest again. I shouldn't have been so stubborn and just dragged him with me. Selphia seems lovely. I'm sure the elders won't mind two generals out of town at the same time, ... Gah! What am I thinking?!

*sigh*, after this delivery would be our wedding anyway. Yes, our wedding. I giggled excitedly and stopped myself before anyone else notice. At dire times such as this, I'm sure our wedding would at least cheer up the people back home.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

"Huh?!" A loud scream teared me away from my thoughts. The source were two armed men – soldiers!

"Heh-heh-heh ... We're taking over this ship now! If you don't wanna get hurt, do what we say!" said a gangster-looking soldier.

"Got it?" asked the other one as he slowly approached me. "Just give us the thing and we'll let you go. That thing you're about to give to the Native Dragon!"

"H-how do you know about that ...?" Oh my goodness, Lest and the others back home, I hope they're safe. If they know about this thing ... no.

Satisfied with himself, the soldier answered, "well, you'd be surprised at what a little research will turn up."

The captain, whom I can no longer call a joyful fellow uttered, "how could you possibly ...? ... Wh-who are you?!"

Every one of us put our all into making this gift! There is no way I'd let these two blundering jerks take it!

" ... This gift is very important. I won't just hand it over to a total stranger!"