17 years..

Johns Pov...

"Alice, Do you know what day it is?" I said as I waited eagerly by my doors. It had been 10 years since I had first been locked up in my room. "Uhh.. Monday?" Alice peered out the window seeming to be watching something. "No you idiot! It's my birthday!" I ran to Alice and grabbed her hand. "Today is the day I'm finally allowed to take the medicine! I can finally be set free!" I spun around with her. "Oh.. Really? Wow.." Alice seemed to look really sad. She pulled away from my hands and started to mope. "Alice? Whats the matter you're usually so happy!" I pulled Alice in for an embrace but yet again, she pulled away.. Why? Why was Alice so upset? "When you take those pills, you'll be allowed to live a normal life.. Right?" "Right" "You'll be forced to forget about me.." "WHAT?!" "Yeah.. Since you'll be out in the real world you'll have no real use for me. So naturally I will be pulled out of your life.." How could I be so blind?! I cant take those pills! I cant leave Alice!! What will I do?! Alice must have known I was having a panic attack because she grabbed my hands and looked deep into my eyes. "Take those pills. Live your life. I will not tolerate you staying here forever." Alice pulled me closer and hugged me tightly. "I-I'm going to leave early.. I'll be watching over you.. I love you." A single tear rolled down my cheek and Alice wiped it away. "Don't say a word.. Keep being that happy John that I made you." Alice lifted up my cheeks forcing me to smile and with that.. Alice was gone.

Alice may have been imaginary but.. I love her and this may sound crazy, strange, even idiotic but I loved her way more then just a "friend". Alice was the only one who made me laugh until I cried. Whenever I started to doubt I would ever be able to leave my room she would be right there to help me. We have been through so much.. And now she's gone..

I started to break down on the floor. It started with crying, then turned into sobbing, then turned into rage. I started stomping around my room wishing that a cure had never been invented and that I could stay in my room with Alice forever. But I wanted to live a normal life so badly.. I wanted to see real people. See nature. See buildings. See everything. I want to see life.

A strange pill was slipped under my door.

I knew what it was.

I knew who gave it to me.

I knew what was coming.

But I didn't.